Getting started on my MacBook Pro (again)

Options
kelsie47
kelsie47
Community Member

I have a paid subscription for 1Password for my iPad and iPhone that indicates I can use also it on my Mac... I tried to set this up before with some issues but am ready to try again with a new device (MacBook Pro). I need assistance to get started as I am not finding where to go to install it without having to buy the app as I seem to already have what I need. The version number is taken from my iPad mini. As for sync type, I have no idea... my iPhone and iPad sync together thus far. HELP!

1Password Version: 6.9
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: High Sierra
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @kelsie47 -- do you currently have 1Password for Mac installed on your MacBook Pro? If not, that'll be the first step - go grab a copy from our downloads page.

If you DO already have 1Password installed, what happens when you launch 1Password? Do you see the lock screen, or the new user screen?

If you see the new user (Welcome) screen, you can follow these instructions to get signed into your account in 1Password for Mac.

If you already see the lock screen when you launch 1Password on your Mac, then you will need to reset the data there first. Let us know if that's the case.

This discussion has been closed.