To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Is the new region for 1Password accounts still planned? [1Password.eu and 1Password.ca are live]

ntimo
ntimo
Community Member
edited December 2017 in Memberships

Hi their,

Some time ago Roustem posted a survey twitter asking if a new region for 1Password accounts should be in the EU or Canada. I wanted to ask if this is still planned. I would definitely love to see a EU region.

Have a nice day,
Timo

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hey @ntimo! Thanks for checking in. It is indeed :) I've not heard anything about it recently, but I do know we're still working on it. There's lots of paperwork involved with something like this, after all. I'm not quite sure when something will be ready, but if you follow Roustem on Twitter you'll be among the first to hear when it is.

• ntimo
    ntimo
    Community Member

Good morning from Mallorca @Jacob,
    That sounds really nice can't wait for that to be honest. I can imagine the huge lot of paper work. And setting up a new aws region and servers to be a lot of work. But I think with such a talented team as Agilebits has one it should be possible ;) I truly believe in you guys.

I will keep an eye out ;)

Have a greats day,
    Timo

• :+1: :)

Ben

• ntimo
    ntimo
    Community Member

@Ben I just saw that the new region are live for creating personal accounts. Will we also get this for Family accounts. And will we be able to move our data from the US region to the EU for example? Without setting up a new account?

• Hi @ntimo

It is already possible to create all of the same account types on 1Password.ca and 1Password.eu as it is on 1Password.com. :)

The instances do not talk to each other (that is a big part of the point) so the only way to move data is with the 1Password apps. You’d need to have an account on both instances to move data between them.

Hope that helps. :) Have a great weekend.

Ben

• https://start.1password.eu/signup/plan (Or replace .eu with .ca for Canada) btw

Ben

• ntimo
    ntimo
    Community Member

Hello @Ben,

thank you :) I wish you a wonderful weekend too. If I setup a new .eu region account. Will you transfer the earl over too it? :)

Wish you and the team all the best,
    Timo

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@ntimo: I don't know that is even going to be possible, as it's not even officially launched yet. But if you're serious about migrating to one of the new servers, shoot us an email at support@1password.com and we'll see what we can do to help. :)

• wakemp
    wakemp
    Community Member

+1 on changing regions I have a family account on 1password.com that I would very much like to migrate to 1password.ca... at this point it sounds like I need to create a new family account, run them in parallel, resign up everyone, copy the data between the accounts on each accounts primary device, then cancel the .com account? - Have I got that right?

• That is correct @wakemp. There really isn’t another way to do it, as far as I’m aware, without having the servers “touch.” Having them do so would defeat much of the point.

Ben

• wakemp
    wakemp
    Community Member

@Ben thanks for the clarification

• You’re welcome. :)

Ben

• Rjevski
    Rjevski
    Community Member

Hello,

Is there a way to transfer an account billing-wise? I'd rather not have to pay for a new yearly plan given that I've already got one on the default server.

Regards.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Rjevski: Not quite "transfer", since these are completely separate servers (and currencies!) But we'll be happy to help you make the transition if you'll shoot us an email at support@1password.com from your registered address. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.