Opera browser extension say v4.6.12.90, but is actually v6.6.439

Options

I would like to use Opera browser extension with my Windows v4 1password. Problem is I can't seem to get the right browser extension to execute. In the Opera extension manager, the 1PW version says 4.6.12.90, but when I use it shows none of my passwords, and wants me to login -- which is not how I use 1PW -- I have a local database w/ DropBox.

Further, when I select "Show 1Password", and then "Settings", it indicates that the actual browser extension is v6.6.439. See images below:

FYI My Opera version is 48.0.2685.39(PGO) ... this is not the current browser I am submitting this support request on (using Windows Edge).

Opera Extension Manager:
Shows current version is 4.6.12.90

Select Browser Extension:

Select Browser Extension -> Settings Icon -> Show 1Password ->Settings Icon (top right)->Update
Shows current version is 6.6.439

1Password Version: 4.6.2.626
Extension Version: 4.6.12.90 (or 6.6.439?)
OS Version: WIN10PRO 10.0.15063
Sync Type: local/dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:opera v4

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2017
    Options

@johnwynne3: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the confusion! The 1Password browser extension is not part of the 1Password app; they just work together to allow you to use 1Password in your web browser. That's also why these are both separate installs. You've got an outdated version of the app, so please grab the latest from our website:

https://1password.com/downloads/

But be aware that you'll need to use the correct app.

If you have a 1Password.com membership, you'll need to use 1Password 6. The current stable release there is 6.7.457.

If you're using a standalone license you've purchased with a local vault, you'll need to use 1Password 4. Version 4.6.2.626 is the latest there.

Both use the same browser extension. But these separate apps are not designed to be used together, so it would be best to keep the one you need and uninstall the other.

I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• johnwynne3
    johnwynne3
    Community Member
    edited October 2017
    Options

I use the standalone 1Password 4. Looks like I had the 1Password 6 also installed. When I removed that, it worked.

THANK YOU!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Aha! Great! Glad that solved it for you. You're totally welcome! Sounds like you should be good to go, but we're here if you need us. Have a great weekend! :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.