Password app PW doesn't work on iPhone 5s with ios11. Who produced it or will it get updated?

davehegg
davehegg
Community Member

I have been using the PW password app on my iPhone 5s and previous iPhone 4s for several years. It stopped working as soon as I installed ios11. I had over 50 passwords/user names in the app. How can I access them, get them back or print them out? I have the file backed up onto my Windows 10 desktop computer, but I can't access the info through that. Anybody have any ideas?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Password app PW on iPhone 5s.

Comments

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member

Hello @davehegg :)
    It appears that you are using a very old version of 1Password that is not compatible with the more recent releases of iOS. More information and instructions on how to you can retrieve your data and migrate it to the latest version of 1Password can be found in this announcement.

Have a good rest of your weekend. :)

• davehegg
    davehegg
    Community Member

Hi Corey...I don't think that 1Password and PW are the same. The images for the icon are completely different. The icon for the PW app is what looks like a vault door with a round combination knob in the center. Also, I never received any warnings about updating the app to a newer version from Apple or anyone else. The app always worked flawlessly up until I upgraded the ios to 11. I originally paid $9.99 for the app and it may have been called Password Vault, although I'm not sure about that. I've been to an Apple store, and they were not able to provide any help.

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member

@davehegg
    This is the AgileBits support forum. AgileBits are the makers of 1Password. If you were using a different app, you will have to find and contact the developers of that app and ask them for help. Sorry. :(

If you have data backed up on your computer you may be able to use MrC's Convert to 1Password Utility to convert the data to something 1Password can use. But that is the only thing I can suggest.

Sorry, once again. If you ever need some help with 1Password, come back and I'd be glad to help you. :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Indeed. Unfortunately while we can totally help if you have questions about 1Password, I wouldn't know the first thing about that app. You'd need to contact the developer. :(

• dineshk
    dineshk
    Community Member

I have the password backup file from PW app which has .pwbk extension. Will you be able to convert it to 1Password usable format? I don't see that option in the current MrC's Converter utility.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@dineshk: If it's not in the converter suite, it may be that no one has ever requested it before. I'm not finding anything useful searching for "PW". Normally we don't want people posting links to competitor's websites, but I think we can reasonably make a temporary exception in this case. Do you have a link to their download page for the version you're using? I know @MrC will need that if he doesn't already have it.

• pratap_menon
    pratap_menon
    Community Member

Hello there, thank you @dineshk for posting this issue and @brenty for a potential solution. May I ask if @MrC has kindly helped to solve this issue? i.e. converting the password backup file from PW app to 1Password usable format. If so, could you please advise as I am in the same situation - much appreciated!

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator

@dineshk and @pratap_menon ,

I don't have any idea about the PW app (and don't find it in the App Store). I only have iOS 11, so even if we could find it, and install it, and create a basic wallet file, the backup is most likely encrypted, and figuring out the encryption scheme is a lot of work. If the backup file is not an obvious or plain text file, there's probably little we can do.

• dineshk
    dineshk
    Community Member

@MrC @brenty Thanks for your reply. It seems like the app is not available in the store anymore and I'm not able to find any link to the developer site. This app stopped working after iOS 11 update and I'm not sure how to access my passwords from the app or from the backup file which is not a plain text file. Any help will be much appreciated. Thank you.

• @dineshk,

I do apologize but I don't believe there is anything that AgileBits can do to assist here. I'd recommend contacting Apple to see if they can tell you who the developer of the app is, and then contacting that developer to see what the best path forward is.

For what it's worth, I'm sorry that you're having this trouble, but we don't have any control over what 3rd party developers do with their apps (up to and including discontinuing them & support for them altogether).

Ben

• ahrhar18
    ahrhar18
    Community Member

I think I have the same app (looks like a vault) called Quick Password Manager. The developer is 14773 Stones but I can't figure out how to reach out to them. I have the same problem - everything is stuck inside this app:( If you find out, I'd love to know.

• @ahrhar18

Unfortunately that is out of our hands, but if you have any questions or comments about 1Password we’d be happy to help with that. Please feel free to start a new thread if that is the case.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.