i created a password than i recreated another by mystake

My account is sync with dropbox. I have have the time period file in dropbox but i can't find the 1st paswword i created . how can i do ? Very urgent. i can't connect anymore to my appli without it.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• acrobat36
    acrobat36
    Community Member

i have the dropbox file corresponding in the period time. i opened it on block note but couldn't find the password i suppose it must be encrypted.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@acrobat36: While 1Password won't have things you did not save in it in other cases, if you used 1Password to fill a generated password for it, you should be able to find a corresponding "Password" item in your vault:

If you used the password generator and can’t find the password to sign in

That's a safety net in case you don't save a login for some reason after using 1Password to change a password. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• acrobat36
    acrobat36
    Community Member

Ok thx but how can i open the vault ? Which programs do i need to see teh informations on my vault ? thx

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@acrobat36: I'm not sure we're on the same page. This is the AgileBits support forum for 1Password. Are you not using 1Password?

• XIII
    XIII
    Community Member

May be @acrobat36 is telling that (s)he forget the master password?

• acrobat36
    acrobat36
    Community Member

Yes I I have 1 password.
    I need to read a back up file on Dropbox.
    The file is a Agile.
    But when I open it I can read the data.
    I need to recover a password that I have created in my 1 password account. It's not password of 1Password. I do have it.
    How can I read the file? Cause it's crypted.
    Thx

• acrobat36
    acrobat36
    Community Member

Yes I I have 1 password.
    I need to read a back up file on Dropbox.
    The file is a Agile.
    But when I open it I can read the data.
    I need to recover a password that I have created in my 1 password account. It's not password of 1Password. I do have it.
    How can I read the file? Cause it's crypted.
    Thx

• acrobat36
    acrobat36
    Community Member

I can 't read the data. Sorry

• acrobat36
    acrobat36
    Community Member

How to read my vault that their are in my Dropbox directory?

• XIII
    XIII
    Community Member

Why are you trying to access the 1Password vault without the 1Password App, while you know your master password?

(Are you trying on iOS and do you have an old version of the App that no longer works?)

• acrobat36
    acrobat36
    Community Member

i do have my 1Paswword with masterpassword. I am a noob. I need to recover a pasword i created with 1pass and modified by accident after.
    So my question is : how to open my 1password file ? I bought 1PAssword 60 $ last year. i have all my password on it.
    I dont care if its on 1password or dropbox...i need to recover this pasword file asap...thx for your help

• acrobat36
    acrobat36
    Community Member

Also i restored 1 paswword it from last backup which was 2 or 3 days ago...
    How can i get the original version : cause now i have a backup copy i think
    I would like to have password as before the restore that i did. thx

• acrobat36
    acrobat36
    Community Member

i modified my password by accident probably 1 caractere or 2. Now i am fucked. Is there a way see what was the previous paswword before i modified it by accident. it s very very important pasword for me. thx

• If you are able to log into 1Password and you have the account in question, you can also tap on "Previously used" passwords, which will bring up the password history and you can see any of the older passwords associated with the login. I hope this helps!

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited October 2017

@XIII : Since the original poster mentioned Dropbox, item history won't help as 1Password.com doesn't work with local accounts.

I think the Passswords category is the best option as a fail safe.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@wkleem: It wouldn't surprise me if they're using both Dropbox and 1Password.com, but either way I'd rather not speculate. Let's get the details from the source.

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited October 2017

Absolutely, Brent, but it does sound like he's using the standalone version, with the AgileKeychain?:

So my question is : how to open my 1password file ? I bought 1PAssword 60 $ last year. i have all my password on it.

The whole discussion is not particularly understandable.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@wkleem: Let's wait for some clarification. I'm not sure that guessing is going to get us anywhere. :tongue:

• acrobat36
    acrobat36
    Community Member

This the version i use. i don't know how to get access there. ---> "Previously used" passwords

I restorde 1passw from another date but now seems my password looks differently.

i am really sorry about my poor explanations.

• acrobat36
    acrobat36
    Community Member

i Need to get the paswords that i created during 17/10/2017 to 18/10.2017 but i sitll dunno how to do it.
    I don't is this fonction now where ? how to you get it ?

• acrobat36
    acrobat36
    Community Member

"Previously used" passwords Where do you see this ?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@acrobat36: Ah! 1Password for Windows version 4. Thank you! No need to apologize. That helps a lot.

There isn't a "Previously Used Passwords" category in the app; rather, an individual Login item has a section for previously used password history when you change your password in it over time, like this:

So, for example, if you saved your original Dropbox credentials in a Login item in 1Password and later changed the password there, you'll have a record like that at the bottom of your Dropbox Login item. Does that help?

• acrobat36
    acrobat36
    Community Member

Could you maybe help me with team viewer please?
    I have the stand alone version.
    I can't get anymore to my crypto wallet.!

• acrobat36
    acrobat36
    Community Member

It is sync to Dropbox

• acrobat36
    acrobat36
    Community Member

I don't have the same progr than you.
    Please can you help me via team viewer?

• acrobat36
    acrobat36
    Community Member
    edited October 2017

[text redacted by an admin]

I have found the file in Dropbox : if only some one can tell me how to encrypted this
    it will save my problems.
    Thx

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hello @acrobat36,

I have removed the info you posted in your previous message, as it might be sensitive info about your Login item. Please note that this is a public forum, so do not post anything sensitive here.

If you have been using a local vault in 1Password 4 on your PC and want to restore one of the items that has been accidentally changed, please try to restore a backup file via 1Password 4 app. Here is how:

1) Open 1Password 4 on your computer.
    2) Choose Backup > Restore 1Password Vault from Backup.
    3) Select the backup you want to restore (pick the date that was before the changes) and click Open.

Let us know if it works for you. Thank you!

Cheers,
    Greg

• acrobat36
    acrobat36
    Community Member

Thx for your reply i did a backup restore on 17th octobre but the password doesnt match with my wallet. I think i modified my passphrase by mistake. i need to get history of my password. Maybe i can find it. Is it possible with a stand alone device ?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@acrobat36: No. As I mentioned above, Login items have password history, so that if you change a password in 1Password but have trouble changing it on the website in your browser you still have the original. "Generic Accounts" don't have this feature. They're a legacy item type that predates that. If you used 1Password to generate the original password and fill it, you will have an entry for it under Generate Passwords. But that will likely be hard to find since it sounds like there won't be any URL associated with it. I'm sorry I don't have better news for you.

This discussion has been closed.