"Master Password required on restart" not working [fixed in iOS 11.1]

Options
2»

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@sybil_cooper: I think 11.0.2 came out just today. Last I checked I was only getting 11.0.1! :lol:

So, now sure about the rest, but glad that reinstalling 1Password for iOS helped in your case. Thanks for letting me know! :)

• PavelPr
    PavelPr
    Community Member
    edited October 2017
    Options

Hi!

First, thank you for your terrific product and hard work. I’ve been using 1Password for over five years now and it has been a true pleasure!

Ever since upgrading to iOS 11, I, too, am experiencing the same issue both on both my iPhone 7 Plus and my iPad Pro (which are now running iOS 11.0.3). While I initially thought that reinstalling 1Password had helped, it has turned out that by default, enabling Touch ID in 1Password has the “Require Master Password” setting (that’s under “Advanced”, “Security”) set to “Never”. After changing the setting in question to “After Device Restart”, the issue has recurred. Could you please share any progress you have may have made on investigating said issue?

Thanks a lot!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@PavelPr: Thanks for reaching out, and the kind words! I'm sorry you're running into this issue. We've identified the problem (sort of) and are working on a solution. You can find more information here:

https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/395226/#Comment_395226

Essentially we're not getting reliable info on device restart in iOS 11, so we're trying to find a workaround that is reliable and doesn't have a negative impact on security. We have a potential fix in beta, but it's too early to tell if that will help some or all users affected. But we're working on it. Thanks for your patience. :blush:

• tiantai
    tiantai
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the update. I have the same issue but I guess I don’t need to give details about mine and send a log report since the issue has been found.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Indeed. I'm sorry that we don't have a solution for you right now, but we're on the case. :blush:

• RV30003
    RV30003
    Community Member
    Options

After log in, I can use 1Pw a few times. But If I close my iPad so it will sleep (no power-off, no restart) and after wake-up and using 1Pw again, I can’t use Touch ID, I have to log in with Master-password. But in my setting Touch ID is enabled. That’s a bug.

1Password Version: Not Provided
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: Not Provided
    Sync Type: Not Provided
    Referrer: forum-search:Touch ID doesn’t work after iPad Pro 2017 slept.

• Ben
    Options

@RV30003

I've merged your thread with another on the front page for the same issue. Please see above. When you're asked for your Master Password do you see a fingerprint icon on the screen? If not what do you have 1Password > Settings > Advanced > Security > Prompt for Master Password set to (the default and recommended setting is 'never')?

Thanks.

Ben

• RV30003
    RV30003
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Ben,
    I set MP after restart. But it wasn’t a restart, only sleep-mode.
    I can’t see a fingerprint in 1PW after wake-up.
    Touch ID works after log in with Master Password till I make a pause.
    Regards
    Ralf

• Ben
    Options

Thanks Ralf. We’re aware of the problem. Setting the above mentioned setting to ‘never’ should help until there is a fix available.

Ben

• mkbcn
    mkbcn
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, same issue here. (First Problem since what, 8 Years?)
    Great Software, great team!
    But, nothing helps really, some workarounds work until next sleep mode.

Any news on this issue? Solution in sight?

Thank you.

• Ben
    Options

Hi @mkbcn,

Please try updating to iOS 11.1 if you have not already. We’ve received many reports from customers that this issue was resolved with the latest version of iOS.

Thanks!

Ben

• mkbcn
    mkbcn
    Community Member
    Options

@Ben
    I did, and it worked!
    Thank you

• Ben
    Options

Excellent. Thanks for the update. Glad to hear iOS 11.1 solved it for you as well. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.