question about 1password

snowfun87
snowfun87
Community Member
edited October 2017 in Mac

Hi everyone,

I have a question about 1password. So, I downloaded the app for free awhile ago. I tried to log on to the website, but I wasn't able to log on because they are asking for an account key. But I didn't get an account key?
And I was wondering, shouldn't I be able to use 1password on my MBP too?

Thanks so much for your help!

john
https://twitter.com/internetfptvn

Comments

• Thelauffer
    Thelauffer
    Community Member

Hey John,

Welcome to 1Password. If you're trying to login to this page, then you need a 1Password account. You can use 1Password in a few different ways:

• You can have a subscription with them, which I think is a good value specially if you're going to use it on more than one device.
    • You can use it on one device
    • You can use it on more than one device and sync your 1Password vault between the devices with Dropbox, iCloud, etc.

So, if you don't have a 1Password membership yet, you won't be able to login to the webpage. Here's a "Getting Started" page you might find useful.

If you decide against the 1Password membership, I would recommend checking out this article for alternative ways to sync your vault without a 1Password membership.

I hope this helps.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @snowfun87 ,

Did @Thelauffer's post help explain your options? They're right, while the 1Password app is free to download on iOS, you'll need to have a 1Password account to log into the website. A 1Password account includes licenses for the 1Password app across all the platforms that you use, so you'll be able to access your 1Password data on your Mac, your PC, and your Android device.

You can try a 1Password account for 30 days for free! If you have any questions, we're always happy to help!

This discussion has been closed.