Are you really sure that your blog entries are still true: You are not able to import csv files?

Options
benutzer
benutzer
Community Member

I have a 1password family account and need to import an account from roboform. Your Helpdesk still says the same as a few years ago: I need an old version of Roboform and an old windows version of 1password. I tried that when this hint was new, but I did not succeed at that time. - Are you really sure that you are not able to import a csv file that is exported by roboform into the current version of 1password? I simply can't believe that!

1Password Version: Version 6.8.2 (682003)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.12.6 (16G29)
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:roboform

Comments

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

@benutzer ,

Roboform has traditionally not exported CSV files, but rather provides a Print List into a web browser page. This is HTML code. I have not checked in a while, but does Roboform now export CSV?

In either case, you can use the roboform converter in the converter suite to convert and import your Roboform data (Logins, Safe Notes, and Identities). Use the 1.10 version in Testing Bits, mentioned in the first post of the thread.

• benutzer
    benutzer
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, Roboform exports either HTML or CSV, you can choose. If I use your converter, I get this error message:
    Joachims-iMac:~ joachimfischer$ cd '/Users/joachimfischer/Desktop/convert_to_1p4' && /usr/bin/perl convert_to_1p4.pl roboform '/Users/joachimfischer/Downloads/RfExport.csv' -v
    -bash: cd: /Users/joachimfischer/Desktop/convert_to_1p4: No such file or directory
    Joachims-iMac:~ joachimfischer$

By the way, what "converter options" should be entered?

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

@benutzer ,

The roboform converter only supports the Print Page format of Roboform's export, as per the README.pdf.

Which version of Roboform are you using? I'll take a look at its CSV export.

I'll suggest you can probably also use the csv converter in the suite as well for Roboform's CSV export, but since I haven't seen it yet, I'm not sure what fields are extant.

• benutzer
    benutzer
    Community Member
    Options

I use Roboform Version: 8.4.3 [s-f]. The export is via HTML or CSV, no other format is possible.

When I use the CSV converter the error message remains the same. What does that mean: "No such file or directory"?

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

@benutzer ,

It says that you don't have the convert_to_1p4 folder directly on the Desktop. The attempt to change to that folder (aka directory) is failing, since it is not there (perhaps you have it inside some other directory).

Again, with the CSV, don't select the roboform converter - it cannot work against CSV.

I'll take a look at version 8.4.3 tonight.

• benutzer
    benutzer
    Community Member
    Options

As you see I have both the app and the csv file on the desktop, and I used the csv converter. But I still get the same error message:

Joachims-iMac:~ joachimfischer$ cd '/Users/joachimfischer/Desktop/convert_to_1p4' && /usr/bin/perl convert_to_1p4.pl csv '/Users/joachimfischer/Desktop/RfExport.csv' -v
    -bash: cd: /Users/joachimfischer/Desktop/convert_to_1p4: No such file or directory
    Joachims-iMac:~ joachimfischer$

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

@benutzer ,

Open Terminal.app. Enter the following command:

ls /Users/joachimfischer/Desktop/convert_to_1p4

What are the results?

• benutzer
    benutzer
    Community Member
    Options

OK, now I managed to arrange everything on the desktop as necessary. I had to remove the folder onepassword-utilities.

Now I get this message:

Joachims-iMac:convert_to_1p4 joachimfischer$ cd '/Users/joachimfischer/Desktop/convert_to_1p4' && /usr/bin/perl convert_to_1p4.pl csv '/Users/joachimfischer/Desktop/RfExport.csv' -v
    CSV column names do not match expected names

Joachims-iMac:convert_to_1p4 joachimfischer$

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    edited October 2017
    Options

@benutzer ,

OK, progress!!!

See the CSV section in the README.pdf, regarding the column header row requirement.

If you are using the 1.10 version of the converter, from Testing Bits, mentioned in the first post of the converter suite thread, you'll see in Step 2 how to setup the CSV export (the section Exporting from your Password Manager has a specific CSV sub-section that tells you the labels to provide in row 1 for your columns for Login items).

• benutzer
    benutzer
    Community Member
    Options

Success! It was necessary to adjust the labels of the columns, then it worked fine. Thank you for your help.

An advice at the end: You should withdraw all old notes within the help section dealing with Roboform. It only needs this new instruction, because probably nobody uses Roboform 6.9 oder 1Password 4 any longer.

• benutzer
    benutzer
    Community Member
    Options

Next problem: Now I try to do the same thing on a windows computer. I get this result:

C:\WINDOWS\system32>perl %USERPROFILE%\Desktop\convert_to_1p4\convert_to_1p4.pl csv -v %USERPROFILE%\Desktop\RFExport.csv
    Invalid converter specified
    Usage: convert_to_1p4.pl

Select a converter:

Select one of the converters above and add it to the command line to see more
    complete options. Example:

perl convert_to_1p4.pl ewallet

As far as I see I specified the converter correctly. Where is the fault?
    By the way: The path to the Desktop is not set.

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    edited October 2017
    Options

@benutzer ,

You are not in the correct directory. You are doing this:

perl %USERPROFILE%\Desktop\convert_to_1p4\convert_to_1p4.pl

Change directories as per the README.pdf instructions:

cd %USERPROFILE%\Desktop\convert_to_1p4

and then run the perl command.

This discussion has been closed.