Got license KEY - need license FILE please. Longtime 1PW standalone user.

gbedenkop
gbedenkop
Community Member

I've been a long time user of 1PW. When I asked for license I got an email but it is only showing a KEY. Per another post here it appears I need a license file? How do I get that file? The download associated with the email was actually the 1PW6 install.

1Password Version: 6.8.3
Extension Version: 4.6.11
OS Version: OS X 10.10.5
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:Got license KEY - need license FILE please. Longtime 1PW standalone user.

Comments

• Thelauffer
    Thelauffer
    Community Member

Hey there,

What version is your license for? Keep in mind newer versions of 1Password will require a paid upgrade or membership. I think this forum post can give you more insight, but let me know how else I can help.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2017

@gbedenkop: I've resent your license information via email. Follow the instructions there and let me know if that helps! :)

• gbedenkop
    gbedenkop
    Community Member

That is the same key as before... I have been running on 1PW 6 for some time on a relatively new iMAC. The license sent was for 1PW 3. I wonder if I made a purchase last time from App Store? It seems I made a fresh purchase of the software in the not that distant past. Hmm...

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@gbedenkop: Ah, I see. Definitely worth looking into then. Please send us an email at support@1password.com with a copy of your receipt(s) (you'll have received one via email regardless of where or when you purchased it) and post the Support ID you revceive here so we can help. :)

• gbedenkop
    gbedenkop
    Community Member

Solved it. Knowing I needed a file I realized it must be present in the files on the backup drive. Was able to retrieve and transfer back to the old iMac. Thanks!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Ah, excellent! Thanks for letting me know. Sounds like you should be good to go, but we're here fi you need anything else. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.