Link to web and embedded browser questions

wynne
wynne
Community Member

I am a long time LastPass user and have two questions:

1) Lastpass plugins contained an easy button to click to open Lastpass in the browser. Every time I need to access the 1Pass browser to add/remove users, I get frustrated there is no link to it within the plugin or desktop software.

2) Lastpass embedded itself within the form fields on the browsers, so when I hovered over the username field I simply clicked the LP icon inside the form, which allowed me to fill and login without having to navigate away from that page. With 1Pass I have to go to the dock or open the desktop app.

Thanks

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• bundtkate
    edited October 2017

@wynne:

Every time I need to access the 1Pass browser to add/remove users, I get frustrated there is no link to it within the plugin or desktop software.

If you have your 1Password credentials saved in 1Password, you could perform a Go & Fill by selecting your 1Password login item from mini to open 1Password in your browser (and sign-in). From the main app, you can hover over the website URL for your 1Password Login item and click Open and fill to do the same. Not a link, per se, but it'll get you there from both the plugin and the main app. :+1:

With 1Pass I have to go to the dock or open the desktop app.

Actually, in this case you can either Control-click in the username field to open the context menu and select 1Password, click the extension icon and select your Login item from there, or use the keyboard shortcut (Command-\ by default) to fill automatically. I prefer the keyboard shortcut these days, but it's up to you what fits best into your workflow. Maybe not quite the UI you're used to, but there's no need to go to the dock or open the desktop app.

I hope this helps make these tasks a bit easier, but if you have additional questions, just let us know. :chuffed:

• wynne
    wynne
    Community Member

The keyboard shortcuts are nice, thank you for sharing those with me. I think they are great for someone who is technically proficient but not intuitive for a lot of folks. I hope you will consider adding the functionality like LP has where it basically has the Control-click functionality embedded automatically.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

It's something we can consider, but we also want to make sure that we don't get in the user's way or interfere with normal browser and webpage functionality. So we try to inject as little as possible. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.