Editing Secure Note on iPad Not Possible

glindsey
glindsey
Community Member

When I go to edit a secure note on the iPad, I click “Edit” and then tap on the note. I can make edits to the note, but I see no way to save the edits that I have made. Where did the “Save” button go?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• vplewis
    vplewis
    Community Member

@glindsey You clicked on the word Edit to edit. Then when you're done editing, you click on the word Done.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Indeed, sorry about the confusion there. I hope that helps! :)

• glindsey
    glindsey
    Community Member

Yes, it does. The process is not intuitive, however. Look how these same commands are executed on the iPhone:

On the iPhone, one selects the note one wishes to edit and selects “edit” from the pull-down menu. When the editing is complete, one clicks the “save” button. A pop-up menu notifies one that the note has been saved with the edits. Now a back button appears. One clicks on the back button to go back to the list of secure notes, and a second click on the back button now takes one back to the list of all categories.

Now, by contrast, on the iPad, one selects the note one wants to edit and then a whole list of new and rather confusing fields appear. In a small space besides notes, one is given the instruction to “tap the notes” in order to edit the note. Then one makes the desired edits to the note and clicks the “Back” button. No “back arrow” appears so it is inconsistent with how this same process is handled on the iPhone. Then one clicks a “Done” button because the option to save is not presented. Then one is brought back to the list of secure notes with no indication that the note has been saved with the edits.

The iPhone method of handling a simple edit to a note is infinitely better and easier to execute than it is on an iPad. And the inconsistencies between how editing a note is handled on the two devices will tend to confuse thos of us who have installed 1Password on multiple devices.

• Thanks for the feedback @glindsey. :+1: I'll pass the suggestion along to our team to see if they can bring us more consistency here.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.