Hy there, what is the difference between the Primary and Privet vault?

JorgenH2017
JorgenH2017
Community Member

When i create a new user in the family account there is standard 3 Vaults. The shared one is clear to me. but the Privet and Primairy ...
Can you help me out?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Hy there, what is the difference between the Primary and Privet vault?

Comments

• Hi @JorgenH2017,

When creating a new user in 1Password Families and 1Password Teams, we create them a Private or Personal vault. Two different names for the same thing: it's a vault that the person should put their own login items that they aren't needing to share with anyone.

The Primary vault is something different. A Primary vault is a vault that would exist outside of a 1Password.com account. This is a vault that won't sync automatically with any other devices. It's how the majority of users used 1Password until we introduced 1Password.com that simplified all of that.

In general we recommend that if someone is using 1Password Families that they copy all of their items from their Primary vault to the Personal vault, then remove the Primary vault. Unless you have a specific use for it, the Personal vault should do everything the Primary vault ever did.

I hope this helps.

Rick

• JorgenH2017
    JorgenH2017
    Community Member

Thanks!

• rickfillion
    edited October 2017

You're welcome. Let us know if you have any more questions.

Rick

ref: BGV-78432-869

This discussion has been closed.