Cannot do WLAN sync with iOS 11 and/or high sierra

zipped
zipped
Community Member

I have two ios 11 phones and neither can sync with my macbook running wlan server. They both see the server on the server list, but they either timeout or give a stupid error like host is down, etc.

On the old phone, the sync does not start and gives one of the errors above. The new phone sees the server, asks for the secret code, I enter the code, and click next, but nothing happens.

Care to comment?

1Password Version: 6.8.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.13
Sync Type: WLAN

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @zipped,

We have a support guide to help you troubleshoot WLAN sync. Do any of the steps here help?

I also want to mention our new 1Password.com service, which includes sync that is a lot more reliable than syncing via third-party sync services. If you do decide to switch, we have a support guide that explains how to do just that. Please check it out and let me know if you have any other questions.

• zipped
    zipped
    Community Member

troubleshoot doc does not help. None of that stuff worked. and no, thank you I dont want any non-direct way of synching. While at it, I dont understand why you guys do not allow direct sync over usb.

• zipped
    zipped
    Community Member

FWIW, the new phone synched successfully now (I have not done anything different) but the older phone which was synched 16 days ago refuses to synch. It gives errors like sync problem, operation could not be completed, oepration timed out, host is down, _kCFStreamErrorCodeKey=6 bla bla.

• @zipped : unfortunately there are too many moving parts in WLAN sync for us to be able to offer much guidance beyond that document. There's just too much that's outside of our control.

As you saw with your new phone, it can work. It means your desktop is properly behaving as a server. The question then becomes why does the old iPhone fail to see it properly in order to sync. I'd recommend disconnecting it from WLAN sync and trying to set it up again.

Rick

This discussion has been closed.