Unable to sign in on Windows 10

Morning,

I have installed the 1Password 6 client on a Windows 10 machine.
When I start the app its prompting me for the usual credentials. I enter the credentials and the client says:

"Unable to sign in, please check details provided and your network connection."

I am certain the credentials are correct and I have also used a setup code to be sure.
I'm almost certain its a thing with the proxy server in use here (zScaler).

I am unable to produce the diagnostics info described in https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/?windows as I have no Help menu as I'm not signed in.

How can I acquire diagnostic information to determine what the underlying cause of the problem is before I go to the Service Desk with a request for help?

1Password Version: 6.6.439
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: 1password for Teams

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hello there @AUSFestivus,

I am sorry you bumped into troubles with 1Password!

What we need to do now is to find out why 1Password behaves this way on your PC and determine if the proxy is to blame. Please do the following to collect the logs:

1) Click on Start Menu, search for Event Viewer and open it.
    2) On the left sidebar, expand Custom Views on the top and then click on Administrative Events.
    3) Reproduce the issue with 1Password.
    4) Go back to the Event Viewer, right-click on the list to refresh. You should see errors from the source .NET Runtime. Right-click on the error to select Copy > Copy Details as text.
    5) Paste it into a new text file with NotePad, save it and attach it to an email addressed to support+windows@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your log file in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your report in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Suapport ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Thank you very much in advance! I will be looking forward to your email.

Cheers,
    Greg

• AUSFestivus
    AUSFestivus
    Community Member

Thanks Greg.
    Data gathered and email sent.
    Case number received: #EQP-36115-857

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2017

@AUSFestivus: Found it! :+1: We will get back to you via email as soon as possible. Thank you!

ref: EQP-36115-857

• brett_sherman
    brett_sherman
    Community Member

I am having the same issue but I'm not seeing .Net Runtime in the source list.

• @brett_sherman: It could be you're actually having a different issue behind the scenes here. Try this to start:

1. Open Start, type %LOCALAPPDATA\1Password, and press enter to bring up this folder.
    2. Open the data folder here and click View at the top of the folder window.
    3. Check File name extensions.

You should see one or more files ending in .log here. Attach these to an e-mail to support+windows@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your log file in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your report in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. Thanks! :chuffed:

• brett_sherman
    brett_sherman
    Community Member

Log file sent. Thanks.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @brett_sherman,

We have located your email on our side and will reply to your email today. Thanks! :+1:

ref: LPX-54456-941

This discussion has been closed.