schizoid versions on one Mac making me mental!

JustJoan
JustJoan
Community Member

Hi. After a High Sierra crisis made a full wipeout of my Mac necessary I had tovreload all my software, including my 1Password6. It was apparently not loving TextExpander6, however, and after several frustrating runs I downgraded that to the TextExpander5 version (no great loss, actually.). However, l then found that I was left with old passwords on my iOS tablet and iPhone, new ones on my Mac, and then ancient ones when I attempted to restore order from my Drop-book backups. I'm writing to you in despair! Then will go lie down with cold compresses and a hot latte. Please help.

1Password Version: 6.01
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @JustJoan,

I'm so sorry to hear you've been having trouble with 1Password, and your computer in general! I hope the cold compresses and hot latte are already helping. Let's see what we can do here to get you back on track.

You mentioned that your new data was on your Mac, and that you have your data stored in Dropbox, is that correct? Have you taken a look at our Dropbox troubleshooting support page and tried the solutions suggested there?

• JustJoan
    JustJoan
    Community Member

Hi Megan,
    Thanks for the response and suggestion re: Dropbox. It became too complicated, what with several previous versions nested in old library files and such. In the end as I really am using 11Password chiefly for Mac and iOS purposes I have decided that syncing with iCloud will probably give me less headaches and more synchronicity. I'll try that for now, at least. But if you could offer a workaround or solution to solve the issue that cripples TestExpander whenever 1Password is in use I's be in your debt. Many thanks.
    JustJoan

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2017

Hi @JustJoan,

I hope that iCloud sync works well for you! Another alternative would be to sign up for a 1Password account which takes care of all the syncing for you. A 1Password account includes access to your data via a browser interface, as well as all of the 1Password apps across all platforms. If you'd like to learn more, check out our website.

Now, we use TextExpander a lot here on the support team, believe me, I understand how valuable it is.

Whenever you are working in 1Password (creating or editing items) you will see a TextExpander pop-up letting you know that TextExpander is being blocked. This is correct behaviour. That's because TextExpander reads what you type, and we don't want it reading any of your passwords or other sensitive data in 1Password. As soon as you finish editing in 1Password, that TextExpander pop-up should go away and you should be able to use it the next time you need to. Are you having difficulties with TextExpander even after using 1Password?

This discussion has been closed.