I did the latest upgrade and now have 1Password and 1Password 6 on my mac. How do I merge them?

brogan50
brogan50
Community Member

I did the latest upgrade and now have 1Password and 1Password 6 on my mac. How do I merge them? This was about a month ago. One version is read only 1Password.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I did the latest upgrade and now have 1Password and 1Password 6 on my mac. How do I merge them?

Comments

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member

Hello @brogan50 :)
    1Password and 1Password 6 are both the same program but downloaded from different places. The one called 1Password is from the Mac App Store whereas the one called 1Password 6 is from the AgileBits website.

Where did you originally get 1Password from and how do you use it now? Do you have a 1Password.com account or do you have a standalone license and use one of the 3rd party sync methods?

Let me know and I can continue to help from there.

Cheers :)

• brogan50
    brogan50
    Community Member

Hi,
    I got it from the mac store but then got the update from agile bits. When I did the update the 1password 6 was supposed to be temporary. It just never left so I have one that's read only 1password and one thats usable. Thanks for any help

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member

@brogan50
    if you originally bought 1Password from the Mac App Store then your purchase is tied to the Apple ID used to purchase it. Unless you have a 1Password.com subscription, there is no way for the AgileBits version to know that you paid for it.

Which is the one that's read only? The one called 1Password or the one called 1Password 6?

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @brogan50,

Corey is right, we'll need a bit more information here before we can properly sort this out.

• Is your most up-to-date data stored in 1Password (from the Mac App Store) or 1Password 6 (from the AgileBits website)?
    • Do you use a 1Password account or a third party service to sync your data?

(In the future, please note that all updates that are available for the AgileBits website version of 1Password will also be available for the Mac App Store version. Sometimes it takes a little while for the update to populate through Apple's update system, but there's no need to download a different version of the app to snag the update sooner - it only ends up complicating things!)

• brogan50
    brogan50
    Community Member

I have it on my phone as well. There’s no problem with that one and I sync them. I was alerted to the update through my Mac and it was during that update that it occurred . The 1Password is read only

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @brogan50,

I've located license information in our back office records for the email address that you have used in your forum profile, and I'm sending you the license details there. That should help to get 1Password out of read only mode.

If you would like help removing the extra 1Password app, please let me know.

• brogan50
    brogan50
    Community Member

Thanks for the license information. I love help in getting down to just one 1Password app

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2017

Hi @brogan50,

I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/83328/i-did-the-latest-upgrade-and-now-have-1password-and-1password-6-on-my-mac-how-do-i-merge-them#latest
    • Your forum username: brogan50

That way we can "connect the dots" when we see your diagnostics in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  Please post that number here so we can track down the diagnostics and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the diagnostics we'll be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

• brogan50
    brogan50
    Community Member

Thanks Megan.
    Here's the support number

support ID is [#IEU-61386-964]

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Hi @brogan50 -- I've located your email and replied. Let's keep the conversation going over there. :)

ref: IEU-61386-964

This discussion has been closed.