To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

How to store web client login details for email accounts?

Options

Hi, I'm not sure if I am missing something here, but I haven't found a solution to the following problem. I want to store email account information in 1Password in a way that allows me to both sign in to their webmail client via the browser extension with one click as well as have all the server addresses, port numbers etc stored for setting up my own clients. It seems that the former is only possible with login items and the latter only with email account items. Is that correct?

If so, that would be rather annoying, since almost every email service offers a web client these days and the current situation would force me to create two separate items for one email account. It would be great if you could add login details to the email account item as well.

Regards,
mxgx

1Password Version: 6.8.3
Extension Version: 4.6.12
OS Version: OS X 10.12.3
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@mxgx -- no, you're not missing anything, unfortunately. This is something we're currently experimenting with, to see how special "attributes" from certain types of records can be added to other records, but right now that feature isn't anywhere near the light of day. For the meantime, I'm afraid you'll have to either have two records (one email account record, one login record, which for whatever it's worth is what I have for a couple of my own email accounts), or you can experiment with creating a login item and then adding your custom server fields to it yourself. This wouldn't be quite as slick as a dedicated email record, but you can make it work if you're willing to edit/create custom fields within the login item you create. Hope that helps!

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    edited October 2017
    Options

@Lars Thanks for the reply, guess I'll have to stick with two accounts then. I hope you can make this work, having greater flexibility with items and attributes would be really nice to have.

• @mxgx: Being able to customize your items is definitely awesome. I love custom fields myself, but they are a bit of extra work and aren't quite the same as integrating a standard field included with other item templates, so I definitely hope we can integrate more robust customization features down the road. :+1:

This discussion has been closed.