Password generator not working

I just tried the password generator on the registration page on this forum. I clicked the inline menu and selected "Use suggested password". But unfortunately all it does is create additional login items for the forum registration page without any password. Every click on "use suggested password" creates a new item.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 0.9.4
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• You're right! Well, that's embarrassing! :)

On the bright side I've been able to recreate this just fine on my machine so the fix should be relatively straightforward. I'm looking into it now and will try to get it into the next beta.

Thanks for the report! <3

• I just fixed this on my local development machine. We’ll have a new beta published tomorrow with this fix. Once available please give it a try and let use know how it goes.

Thanks!

• Manaburner
    Manaburner
    Community Member

Thank you Dave :)

• beyer
    beyer
    1Password Alumni

@Manaburner: Thanks for pointing this one out to us! On behalf of Dave, you're very welcome!

--
    Andrew Beyer (Ann Arbor, MI)
    Lifeline @ AgileBits

• 0.9.5 was just published :)

Please give it a go and make sure it works better for you now.

Thanks! <3

• Manaburner
    Manaburner
    Community Member

Hi @dteare and @beyer I'm on vacation for the next week so I can't test right away. I will however when I'm back at work :)

• Cool. Thanks for the update, @Manaburner! We have some more goodies about to be released so we'll have lots of fun things for you to test once you get back. I hope you come back nice and rested and ready to test hard :)

Enjoy the rest of your vacation. <3

• Manaburner
    Manaburner
    Community Member

Hi @dteare and @beyer
    I've just tested this and it now works as expected. Well done :)

• beyer
    beyer
    1Password Alumni

@Manaburner: Awesome – thanks for letting us know!

I hope you have a pleasant week. :)

--
    Lifeline @ AgileBits

• mcgeeco
    mcgeeco
    Community Member

Just checking - is it expected behaviour to create a new login item every time you generate a password? Instead of updating an existing entry? The result:

• beyer
    beyer
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2017

@mcgeeco: This is working as we intended with this current build. We will soon be providing a much better item creation experience. This will allow you to decide if the item is saved. :) :+1:

--
    Lifeline @ AgileBits

• mcgeeco
    mcgeeco
    Community Member

Cool! Just checking, thanks.

• beyer
    beyer
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2017

@mcgeeco: We just updated 1Password for Chrome to v0.9.8. You'll now be greeted with this beautiful Save Login screen. If you cancel then a new Login item will not be saved.

[Your browser does not support the video tag. ](https://s3.amazonaws.com/com-agilebits-users/beyer/nPoL3BTgBm/Screen-Recording-2017-11-10-22-59-32.mp4 "Video tag unsupported by your browser, please follow this link.")

We aren't finished with our item creation process, but I hope you'll find this a nice addition. Have a great weekend!

--
    Lifeline @ AgileBits

• mcgeeco
    mcgeeco
    Community Member

It's beautiful! Are you just live-coding and shipping responses to our messages?!

• beyer
    beyer
    1Password Alumni

I wouldn't say live-coding to your messages, but we here at AgileBits do listen and adjust based on customer feedback. :) :+1:

--
    Lifeline @ AgileBits

• It's beautiful! Are you just live-coding and shipping responses to our messages?!

Yes.

This discussion has been closed.