Chrome extension breaks hover state and single click

It doesn't happen with any discernable steps to reproduce the bug, but when I am using Chrome on occasion I can no longer hover over elements and have the action noticed (by css or JS or whatever) and things that are normally a single click action such as clicking a link require a double click. In most cases it makes websites extremely difficult to navigate. I have narrowed it down by disabling the 1Password extension when it happens and it seems to work just fine.

1Password Version: 1Password 6 Version 6.8.3 (683005) AgileBits Store
Extension Version: 4.6.12.90
OS Version: 10.13
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:chrome extension breaks hover state and single click

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hello @chadwilken,

If you would like to use the 1Password Chrome Extension you will want to disable the Chrome password manager, which we detail how on our support page Turn off the built-in password manager in your browser. It appears to be a bug in Chrome as another user was able to replicate the issue outside of 1Password and I believe they reported it. For now disabling Chrome's password manager will allow you to use 1Password with Chrome and with no other breakage as you've been experiencing :smile:

• chadwilken
    chadwilken
    Community Member

Thanks for the info, I just followed the steps and will check to see if we are good to go over the next few days. Thanks again!

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

No worries @chadwilken :smile: do let us know if you run into any trouble but we've found this to be a reliable solution so I'm quite hopeful you will find everything behaves now.

• chadwilken
    chadwilken
    Community Member

Seems like it is solved, thanks a bunch.

• That's great to hear, @chadwilken! On behalf of littlebobbytables, you're welcome! If you have any follow-up questions, don't hesitate to get in touch. :)

This discussion has been closed.