" Loading iCloud information..." while attempting to Sync Primary Vault to ICloud doesn't complete,

GaryCoe
GaryCoe
Community Member

I have installed 1Password6 standalone. I am trying to Sync my Primary Vault with with iCloud. I've followed your recommended steps thru "Sync Primary Vault with iCloud" within the 1Password Preferences. The message shown is "Loading iCloud Information..." I have a spinning wheel on the window that never stops. I've followed your recommended trouble shooting steps. I've also restarted my Mac. No remedy!

1Password Version: 6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS Sierra 10.12.3
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:Problem syncing vault to iCloud

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@GaryCoe: Do you have data in iCloud from another device? If so, it sounds like it may be damaged, or iCloud is simply hung up on your Mac. If you'll provide some more information about your setup I'm sure we can figure something out. :)

• HansLeiden
    HansLeiden
    Community Member

Hi, same happening to me at the moment.
    I try to sync my primary vault on my Mac with iCloud.
    Syncing my iPad and iPhone with the same iCloud works ok.
    Did a re-install of 1Password6 on my Mac, but no success, the wheel keeps on spinning.
    Help would be appreciated.
    Thanks, Hans

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @HansLeiden - the first thing you should do is follow these troubleshooting steps for iCloud. Not all of them may be applicable to your current situation, but please take the time to try out the ones that are. Let us know how you get on!

• HansLeiden
    HansLeiden
    Community Member

Hi, same happening to me at the moment.
    I try to sync my primary vault on my Mac with iCloud.
    Syncing my iPad and iPhone with the same iCloud works ok.
    Did a re-install of 1Password6 on my Mac, but no success, the wheel keeps on spinning.
    Help would be appreciated.
    Thanks, Hans

• HansLeiden
    HansLeiden
    Community Member

Hi Lars,
    just send a diagnostics report.
    All the suggestions will not solve my problem.

So, hope this helps.
    Thanks again.
    Hans

• @HansLeiden,

are you attempting to sign into iCloud via a browser such as Chrome? If you are, there's a decent chance that in the past you accepted a dialog in Chrome that caused Chrome to claim to handle the callback URLs that iCloud uses to tell 1Password that sync is authorized. Unfortunately there is no way to edit Chrome's settings to make it reset that preference.

Your best bet is to switch your default browser to Safari, attempt signing setting up iCloud sync again so that the URL is opened in Safari, and then later switch your default browser back to Chrome.

You will also want to select the "remember me" checkbox on the iCloud sign-in page otherwise you will be prompted to sign into iCloud every 8 hours. Checking that box makes it prompt every 30 days.

Rudy

• HansLeiden
    HansLeiden
    Community Member

Hi Lars,
    Thanks for the suggestions, but the problem is still there.
    So I created a diagnostics report
    Hope that might help.

• HansLeiden
    HansLeiden
    Community Member

Hi Rudy,
    thanks for the suggestion.
    But my default browser is Safari and I try to sync my primary vault from the 1Password6 app, on my Mac, with iCloud.
    I already did a restart of the system, re-installed 1Password6 and did a reset of the iCloud, no success.

What more can I do?
    Thanks in advance
    Hans

• HansLeiden
    HansLeiden
    Community Member

Oh, and my support ID is [#ISI-57456-218]
    Thanks

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Hi @HansLeiden - thanks for your diagnostics report, I've replied via email. Let's keep the conversation going there. :)

This discussion has been closed.