WLAN Sync: cannot find Mac from Android 8.0

Options
artoowang
artoowang
Community Member

Hi,

I tried to setup 1password on a new Google Pixel 2, running Android 8.0, but it fails to find the WLAN server on my iMac (running 1password 6.8.3). Weird thing is, after numerous tries, it actually successfully connected once and downloaded the database, but after that it can no longer sync again.

I also tried WLAN sync on an iPad and on another Android phone running Android 7.0, and both work, so that is what makes me think this has something to do with Android 8.0.

Thanks!

1Password Version: 6.6.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android 8.0.0
Sync Type: WLAN
Referrer: forum-search:wlan sync

Comments

• peri
    Options

Hey @artoowang. 1Password 6 for Android doesn't support automatic sync with a WLAN server, so you need to manually trigger sync before it can occur. Please launch 1Password on your Mac and select Window > WLAN Sync to open the WLAN sync window. Then launch 1Password on Android and, from the Categories list or from any category screen, either swipe down from the top of the screen to refresh the page, or tap the three dots in the upper right hand corner and tap Sync. This will trigger sync on your device.

Once you've done that, 1Password should begin searching the Wi-Fi network for your computer. Can you please follow those steps and let me know how it goes? Thanks!

• artoowang
    artoowang
    Community Member
    Options

Hi peri,
    I removed the app and reinstalled again, and now it can connect and sync.
    Not sure what I did differently this time, but anyway, it works now :)
    Thank you for quick response!

• peri
    Options

I'm glad to hear that, @artoowang! Let us know if you need anything else!

This discussion has been closed.