- Executing search (while typing into the search 1Password top right "Search 1Password" box) will crash 1password (window disappears, crash dialog comes up.) Crash is not instant - I can sometimes get a few letters typed in (with successful on-the-fly entry list updating) before the crash. However, it is most common to crash before any information on screen updates.
- Changing Categories (clicking on a category in the list of categories) can also produce this behavior - though I do not remember the entry list ever updating before the crash in this situation.
This has been occuring throughout v6, but I cannot remember if this occurred prior to v6.
If I ignore it, it will usually work some hours later, sometimes as little as 15-30 minutes later. I re-open 1password, authenticate, and then don't use it.
This is not consistent enough for me to track easily, and I have not yet done diary tracking as it is just infrequent enough to be frustrating but not frequent enough (I just pull my phone out and use 1pass there typically - not the same convenience at all though.)
- 1password v6.* on macOS 10.11-10.13
- Extensions in use for chrome, safari, but extensions have not crashed (at least not enough for me to notice, the extensions sometimes fail to respond for a minute.)
- Mixture of live and beta installs (I was originally using beta line early in v6, switched to live to ride out some OS changes, and I'm going to try beta again at this point.
- Some old Dropbox sync vaults were in place as I could not get them to delete early v6. I found that I could delete them and have removed them, so up till this message the install was split between family and dropbox syncing. Going forward it will be family only.
- I have tried removing and re-adding the family sync (early in v6, but not again since then.)
- I always try quitting and restarting all browsers/background processes before restarting a crashed 1password, but have not found this to be obviously effective (usually fails to work, when it does work hard to be sure it had anything to do with this.)
- I do not restart the computer for this issue, as it typically occurs during an extended workflow which I'm unwilling to interrupt.
- I submit the apple and application crash reports whenever possible.
I am submitting the diagnostics from your Troubleshooting tool after I submit this.
I manage 4 other adults in the family using the software, on a mix of Macs and Windows machines (mostly Mac) and have not had anyone else encounter this problem. I'm assuming either some unhappy mixture with one of my other items or a data error (I've had a lot of 1password installs and some of the older ones never really cleaned up well on removal.) I have not attempted to clean install or sequence test (the other installs) yet as 1password is primarily functional and I do not wish to degrade it further without attempting to repair first.
1Password Version: 6.8.2
Extension Version: 188.8.131.52
OS Version: macOS 10.13 (17A365)
Sync Type: Families