A Present for Chrome OS and Linux Users [see Dave's first post for details]

Comments

• Hello! Our company is currently evaluating 1Password as part of a corporate solution. One of our requirements is Linux support and as such we have had multiple people sign up for the beta. How long after registering should we expect a link to download the solution to evaluate?

Thanks in advance

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@AnthonyT: As mentioned previously, we respond to messages in the order in which they're received, so that does unfortunately mean that each of you will need to wait until we've onboarded those who contacted us earlier — and certainly if you've got a lot of users trying to sign up at once that will slow things down for everyone, so just keep in mind that this is a beta — and a private one at that. We'll be in touch as soon as we're able! :)

• @brenty thanks so much. One of the team was enrolled so we are good to go! Your note about the beta status is noted.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for understanding. I hate to put a fine point on it, but I just want to make sure you know what you're getting into since we're talking mission-critical stuff. We make every effort to ensure that bad stuff doesn't happen...but part of that is this testing process for the new extension. Cheers! :chuffed:

• pleasega
    pleasega
    Community Member

signed up, any updates?

• thomasooo
    thomasooo
    Community Member

Hello, I am ready to start testing this extension in ubuntu ☺️

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

We'll get back to you each via email as soon as we're able. :)

• Cullen
    Cullen
    Community Member

Hi,
    I'm a newer for 1Password, and i just pay a 1-year account. I'm excited to know this because i user both Win and Ubuntu. I signed up for the beta, hope for your reply.

• chatyak
    chatyak
    Community Member

Please send the beta. Want to test on Ubuntu Mate.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

We'll reply to you each as soon as we can. :)

• 71e6fd52
    71e6fd52
    Community Member

How long will we wait

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

I can't say for certain. We don't have any way of predicting how many emails we'll get, and we're going to reply to others who contacted us before you first. As I already mentioned above, we'll get back to everyone as soon as we're able to.

• Uncle_CEE
    Uncle_CEE
    Community Member

I can't wait to try this out!!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Make sure you sign up if you haven't already! :) :+1:

• benjamin_doe
    benjamin_doe
    Community Member

Hello,

How long does access usually take to the beta?

Thanks

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@benjamin_doe - we get to everyone as quickly as we're able. Thanks for your patience. :)

• I am thinking of buying a all Linux laptop from System76 and would love to be invited to this as it would suck immensely if I can't have 1Password running on my Linux machine as I have 1Password already on my Windows and OSX/iOS devices (even Android).

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2017

@manbearpig - did you already sign up, as instructed by Dave in the first post in this thread? If not, do that now. :)

• @Lars yeah, I did already. Just to be safe I did it again. :D Waiting on it now. So if I am not mistaken, does that mean the Linux app won't have the actual stand alone app and only will have the browser extension?

• hitsumabushi
    hitsumabushi
    Community Member

Hi,

Thank you for such a great job!!
    I have been waiting for this for a loooong time.
    I really appreciate AgileBits members.

I already signed up and can't wait to try this.
    I plan to test at Debian Sid. :)

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@hitsumabushi -- awesome! Hope it's everything you've been waiting for, and don't forget to drop by and chat with us at the forum channel for 1Password for Chrome if it isn't -- or just to say hi!

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@manbearpig -- you're correct; you won't have a native application for 1Password on Linux (or for that matter, anywhere else you install only 1Password for Chrome). And -- as you may have already discerned -- it works only with 1password.com accounts, because it's able to pull data directly from the 1password.com servers, instead of having to have a native app with a local cache of the data. It will only work in Chrome (for now, at least; never say never!), and only with 1password.com accounts. But it's already quite robust, and we're always looking to make it even better.

• colsartoris
    colsartoris
    Community Member

Hi there! I signed up a couple of days ago, and didn't hear anything; I just signed up again. Let me know if I'm missing something. :) Thanks!

• @lars ah, gotcha. So just to be clarify, it will work on 1password.com accounts (family included, such as foo.1password.com).

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@manbearpig -- bingo, you got it. Let us know if you run into any difficulties or have any additional questions. :)

• tgirgin
    tgirgin
    Community Member

Hello there! I would also like to be part of this beta! Running Fedora, and wouldn't mind giving feedback as I use it.

I have applied for it a few days ago, but have not received an email yet!

Thank you again!

• Awesome just signed up for the linux beta!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Thanks! We'll get back you each of you as soon as we're able. :)

• Mongoose089
    Mongoose089
    Community Member

Hoping to replace Lastpass. Your apps are much cleaner. Just need Chromebook access and it's perfect.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Sounds good. We'll be in touch! :)

This discussion has been closed.