Why is 1password no longer asking for master password to open on Chrome.

nubelle
nubelle
Community Member

When I click on 1password icon on Chrome it no longer ask for master password. It is always open now for the last 2 1/2 days. I don't understand why or how to change back.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Will master password always be needed

Comments

• Hi @nubelle

Sorry to hear about the trouble. What platform (e.x. Mac, Windows) and version of 1Password is this happening with?

Please let us know.

Ben

• nubelle
    nubelle
    Community Member

I'm using Windows 10, I don't know the version of 1Password but if it helps I signed up July of this year. I'm using a laptop. If you tell me where to find other needed info I'll get it.

Thanks for the help.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@nubelle: Indeed, unfortunately without some basic information it's hard to say what might be going wrong and how we might right it! Please tell us the OS, 1Password, browser, and extension versions you're using, the exact steps you're taking, and what is (or is not) happening the way you expect so we can figure out the best plan of action:

Find your version

The more information you can give, the better. Also, could you please clarify what you're seeing? If it's simpler, take a screenshot of this. To include it in your reply, simply click the document button in the top of the comment field, and select the file you wish to share:

Just be sure not to post anything sensitive, as this is a public forum. Thanks in advance!

• nubelle
    nubelle
    Community Member

I discovered how to lock 1Password after use, so for now I will do that. However, if I should find that the master password is not required after no use for some time I will contact you again. In the mean time I will research finding answers to versions and OS questions.

Thanks

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Glad that helped! And it definitely helps to adjust the security settings in 1Password to your liking — for example to have a shorter timer for locking automatically when you're not using the computer. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.