I am unable to retrieve 1Password files from Trash on my Mac.

JohnnyD
JohnnyD
Community Member

I am unable to retrieve any 1Password files I have moved to Trash on my Mac.

1Password Version: 6.8.3
Extension Version: 4.6.11
OS Version: 10.12.6
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:I'm unable to retrieve a 1Password file from Trash.

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Hi @JohnnyD -- sorry to hear you're having trouble recovering 1Password items from Trash on your Mac. I'm not quite sure what you're saying, though: did you delete the items in 1Password, and you can see them in 1Password's trash? Or did you move something into your Mac's system trash (in the Dock)? Can you clarify what steps you took, including what steps you've taken to retrieve the items, that haven't worked? Thanks.

• JohnnyD
    JohnnyD
    Community Member

Hi Lars-Thanks for getting back to me. I right clicked the 1Password file and selected "Move to Trash". I wanted to recover the file from Trash but was unable to locate it in the Mac Trash.

• @JohnnyD: 1Password has no control over what happens with files outside of 1Password. That said, depending on what 1Password file you deleted, there may be a way to recover it. Did you delete the 1Password app? Your vault file? Knowing more about what you specifically deleted will help us determine if we can lend a hand in recovery. :chuffed:

• JohnnyD
    JohnnyD
    Community Member

Under 1Password "Logins" I created a user id and password for a web site and saved it. A few days ago while in 1Password I inadvertently right clicked it (instead of the one I wanted to remove) and selected "Remove to Trash" When I realized my error I wanted to recover it from but could not find the file.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2017

@JohnnyD: Ah, thanks for clarifying. Sorry for the confusion. You can find the Trash in 1Password at the bottom of the sidebar, and Restore individual items from there:

I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.