No sync button on iPad.

Options
MichaelIra
MichaelIra
Community Member

New to 1P. Using trial version. No problem on MacBook Pro. Attempting to sync to iOS devices via WLAN. No problems with iPhone. 1P on iPad does not have sync option in settings. I have downloaded fresh versions of 1P from App Store with iPhone disconnected from WLAN. How to resolve?

Hardware/Software:

• MacBook Pro running OS 10.1.6, 1P 6.8.3 version extension 4.6.12
  • iPhone SE running iOS 11.0.2 (15A421)
  • iPad running iOS 11.0.3 (15A432)
  • 1P 6.9.1 on both iOS devices

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@MichaelIra: It sounds like you've setup 1Password on your iPad with only a 1Password.com account. There are no sync settings for that, as it's all handled automatically. Can you tell me more about what you're trying to do here? It seems like it might be easier to use the same setup across all of your devices to avoid confusion.

• MichaelIra
    MichaelIra
    Community Member
    Options

I am attempting to use 1P on 3 devices synced via WLAN: MacBook, iPad, and iPhone.
    First set up 1P on MacBook...no problem.
    Then set up 1P on iPhone and synced via WLAN...no problem.
    Then tried to do the same on iPad. Tried to input code from MacBook to iPad by going to 1P>settings>sync but no sync button to tap on iPad. When launching iPad app for the first time after download from App Store my choices are "start new trial" or "already using". If I select "1Password.com" I am brought to my existing trial account. After inputting my master password there is no sync option in settings.
    Thoughts?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@MichaelIra: Yeah, that's where the confusion lies I think — for both of us. 1Password.com doesn't use the manual WLAN Server or any 3rd party sync setup. Do you want to use your 1Password.com account? The local vaults will not work with that — they're quite separate — but you can transfer your exiting data to the account so you don't have to fiddle with syncing manually. Let me know how you'd like to proceed.

• MichaelIra
    MichaelIra
    Community Member
    Options

I would like to manually sync over my WLAN network.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@MichaelIra: Okay. Then remove 1Password, install a fresh copy from the App Store, and choose "already using" to set it up with WLAN Server to sync your data from your Mac:

I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• MichaelIra
    MichaelIra
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks brenty. Worked perfectly! (Not immediately apparent that I could or should scroll down to see ICloud, Dropbox, WLAN options).

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@MichaelIra: Ahhhhh sorry about that! :(

That explains it. I'm glad that helped! We're here if you have any other questions. :blush:

This discussion has been closed.