What does the word "ZHO" meaning for in 6.8.469 beta?

arianelu
arianelu
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

As the screenshot shown to you, it displayed next to the master password input box.
I did not sure it's comes with latest update or whatever, i'm using 1Password 4 in most time.

1Password Version: 6.8.469.0
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10 Version 1709
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• @arianelu: That is the keyboard layout selected. It's there to let you know just in case your Master Password is in English, but you also have a Russian keyboard layout (for example) which obviously won't allow you to properly enter your English Master Password. :+1:

• @arianelu:

By the way, i can type English char while local input method selected, they have English mode, there is no "Chinese keyboard layout", but we have "United States keyboard layout" with "Chinese input method"

That's interesting to know! As an American, I have stereotypically no experience typing in another language beyond using copy/paste for accented characters on Spanish assignments in school, so although I knew right away what that indicator was my knowledge effectively ends there. :blush: From what I've heard from others, this isn't always the case for folks with different alphabets, so this indicator is necessary in those cases.

Regarding the abbreviation, I suspect it's reported by the system rather than handled by 1Password itself, but I'll pass along your feedback all the same. :+1:

• agilefan
    agilefan
    Community Member

"CHS/CHT is prefer than ZHO"...

Yes we would prefer to say CHS vs. CHT. :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for the feedback! :)

This discussion has been closed.