To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

synching problem across mac/ios devices

petosky5
petosky5
Community Member

We have 1password 6 on two macboook pros, two iPhones and an iPad. It stopped synching a while ago

1Password Version: 6.8.3
Extension Version: chrome: 4.6.12.90; safari: 4.6.11
OS Version: ox x 10.12.6
Sync Type: dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:not synching

Comments

• petosky5
    petosky5
    Community Member

I had this problem before but I don't think I ever solved it... this has been going on a long time. Looking through the notes on my account, I've tried to follow earlier advice (see below), but what shows up on my phone is different from what is described. See ***section below:

If you are certain that you don't want the data on your iPhone anymore, then the easiest way is to reset the data on the phone and start syncing with dropbox. Here's how to do it:

In 1Password on your iPhone, go to Settings > Advanced and tap Create Backup. This is strictly not necessary, but I always recommend it in case something goes wrong or you remember something that was on your iPhone that is not on your Mac.
    Now erase the vault and sync settings from 1Password. In 1Password on your iPhone, go to Settings > Advanced and tap ******Erase Data and Settings***************** [my phone doesn't have this choice; it only has "Erase all 1password data" or "erase iCloud data" I don't want to select the wrong one!]************. After this the app will quit.
    Relaunch 1Password and it will ask you to create a new vault or sync and existing vault. Choose Sync Existing Vault.
    Choose Dropbox and enter your Dropbox credentials when asked. It may just switch over to the Dropbox app and ask you to approve. Tap Approve if it does.
    It should then start syncing your data from Dropbox. In a minute or so all your data should be the same on your Mac and iPhone.

• petosky5
    petosky5
    Community Member

My husband's version is not synched with mine, either. Could this have something to do with it? I took screenshots in my 1password preferences to show where each is synching, but I am unable to upload them here, even though I have saved them as jpeg. Here's what I get:

Any suggestions?

• petosky5
    petosky5
    Community Member

Ah, the screenshots loaded after all :-)

• bundtkate
    edited October 2017

@petosky5: Diagnosing sync problems on the forum is always a gamble as mucking around with data without all the details is risky business. As such, I'd like you to create diagnostics reports from the non-syncing devices and e-mail them to support+forum@agilebits.com:

—Mac—
    https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/?mac

—iOS—
    https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/?ios

Do not post your diagnostics here, but please do let us know here when you've sent it as this will help us hunt your diagnostics down as quickly as possible.

Thanks! :chuffed:

• petosky5
    petosky5
    Community Member

Thanks – we have now sent six diagnostics to you, from my husband and from me, so all should be complete: 2 macs, 2 iPhones, 2 iPods. (I would say my mac is the master for my primary vault and for the Parents vault. My husband's mac would be the master for his vault.)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@petosky5: Thanks! I see that we've received all six emails, so we can continue the conversation there. We'll take a look at the diagnostics and get back to you shortly! :)

ref: HVR-25883-583

• petosky5
    petosky5
    Community Member

Great. I look forward to your response

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2017

Thanks for your patience. That's a lot of diagnostics! I'll get back to you via email here in a bit. :)

• petosky5
    petosky5
    Community Member

Not sure if you saw my email or not, but we Do have family sharing. See my direct email for details.

• We’ll continue the conversation by email. Thanks.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.