Are there any plans to migrate the Windows and OS X apps to a similar (same) interface?

I use 1Password for Windows (work) and Mac OS X (home). It is a royal pain that the two interfaces are completely different and the functionality is not the same. Personally, I find the OS X interface much better and easier/faster to get things done. I find the Windows interface clunky.

Are there any plans to move to a more common interfaces, hopefully more based on the OS X version but taking the best of each?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:windows os x interface

Comments

• @BobMc: We've definitely seen the interface evolve on both platforms and I'm sure that will continue, but since these are native apps, they take some of their cues from the operating systems themselves, so certain UI features on macOS cannot be 100% translated to Windows (and visa-versa). That said, we do aspire to greater (if not perfect) uniformity and, assuming you're using 1Password 6 for Windows, I suspect you'll view the latest beta as an improvement as there have been some pretty significant updates made to the UI. I'm actually a bigger fan of the Windows UI myself. I value simplicity and have never been a huge fan of the menubar in general so needing to use it so often on Mac bugs me. Of course, I think almost all of that opinion is simply born of what I'm used to. I've used Windows much longer than Mac, so it's an old, familiar friend. :chuffed:

Of course, if you're using 1Password 4 for Windows, that's a different experience entirely and one that will definitely see a significant update when 1Password 7 is ready to go. 1Password 7 will be built on 1Password 6, so if you haven't checked it out on Windows, you can give it a gander for a taste of things to come. :+1:

This discussion has been closed.