To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Advice on what version of 1Password for my situation (multiple OS, devices, can't use DropBox at wrk

Options
WindRaidor
WindRaidor
Community Member

I've been a customer since 2014. Back when the heartbleed situation was discovered. At the time, I only had a Windows PC desktop system at home and an ios phone. Single vault as well. And I use the dropbox method for the vault syncing and storage across those two devices.
Flash forward to the present day, I want to setup another vault for my wife to use on her iPhone. I also would like to install the app on my macbook for work. Tricky thing is that they block dropbox from functioning at the office. That leads me to my question...is there a configuration that meets all of these needs? Multiple vaults, multiple devices (ios, osx, and windows), and doesn't rely on dropbox (e.g. iCloud or box.com would be OK)? I want both my wife and my stuff to be visible to one another, just organized in different vaults for organizational needs.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OSX High Sierra, Windows 10, IOS 11
Sync Type: iCloud or box preferred
Referrer: forum-search:which version

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Welcome to the forum, @WindRaidor! Thanks for being a 1Password user for three-plus years now. :) I'm not surprised to hear you say you use Dropbox as your sync method, because at that time, it was our only reliable method of syncing a cross-platform setup or one with more than one desktop app (Mac or Windows).

But we've been busy since then.

The best method by far to share data within a family while still retaining a private vault for each family member, across any configuration of devices for each person, is a 1Password.com membership. What's the difference between that, and what you bought three years ago? Previously, 1Password was a standalone app: you purchased a license to use a specific version on a specific platform -- and if you wanted more than one platform, you had to not only purchase licenses for each platform, but also configure and maintain the syncing between devices yourself, using one of our third-party sync options.

With a 1password.com account, instead of putting your data in Dropbox or iCloud, WE (AgileBits) host your data - and there's no sync to manage: just sign into your account on each device, and your data is available (nearly) immediately! Please check out the link above for a full run-down of all the advantages of a 1Password account. Best of all? You can test-drive a 1Password account for a full 30-day trial period, free -- just head over to the main 1Password Families sign-up page and create a trial account. And don't hesitate to ask any questions you might have; we're here to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.