(request) double click field to copy to clipboard

It's annoying to move my mouse to the tiny copy button in front of the field. Try maximising the window and good luck clicking the right one if you have dyslexia, it will throw your brain into short circuit because there is no indication of the line, it's just blank space. So please, it should take like what, a line of code to implement this? Just allow me to double click on any information to copy to clipboard, for example the credit card number, etc. Thanks.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• MikeTMikeT Agile Samurai

Team Member

Hi @fcar,

Thanks for writing in.

So please, it should take like what, a line of code to implement this?

Unfortunately, it doesn't. We get how simple it looks but when actually writing the code and testing it, it rarely ever works the way we expect it to. We do plan to have this implemented but we don't have a timeframe on this.

• Ok, I was being a bit facetious as I know it's not just a line, but glad to know you guys at least know it's a good feature. Thanks.

Team Member

Hi @fcar,

You're welcome. There are definitely many improvements we want to make, such as putting the buttons (copy/reveal/large type) next to the field when you hover over it. That way, you don't have to go from one side of the monitor to get to the field buttons on the other side. Hover, click to copy or move slightly to the right to select the one you want to click on.

• fcarfcar
    edited October 2017

That's a good idea but I think a default action where the user could pick a double click to either edit the field or copy to clipboard could be a nice addition. By all means move the buttons closer to the field, that's much better, but also offer us the option as I suggested please. A double click anywhere over the content is much quicker than moving your mouse precisely over a button... In my humble opinion. Thanks.
    Ps. Edited comment to add that this double click option could be set on the app settings.

Team Member

Hi @fcar,

The plan is to do both; single-click is to do the default action (copy, open URL on website field, address open in contact or whatever, etc) and double-click also just copies the field regardless.

Double-click to edit is not on our list at the moment, it is not something that's consistent across platforms, so we'd like to avoid this.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file