Beta 0.9.5 published!

A quick update with a few important bug fixes. Perfect for kicking off a weekend :)

Our latest release is working its way through the Chrome Web Store update process now and should be available for everyone in about an hour from now. Here's the full changelog:

[IMPROVED] The inline menu now correctly appears and disappears when it should.
[IMPROVED] Now filling suggested passwords more reliably.
[IMPROVED] Improved save login on eBay and similar sites to assign the correct username designation.
[FIXED] Now always saving suggested password, even if it cannot be filled.
[FIXED] Inline menu no longer (intermittently) shows an empty row when there are no saved Logins on a page.
[FIXED] The inline menu properly tracks field changes.

Please put this new version through its paces and let us know how it goes.

Thank you! <3

Comments

• chadwilken
    chadwilken
    Community Member

Attempting to sign in using the URL https://start.1password.com/signin/?auto=1 is saying that it cannot complete the request.

• haraldwithtwoehs
    haraldwithtwoehs
    Community Member

FWIW the extension behaves really badly when 1Password.com is down.

• beyer
    beyer
    1Password Alumni

Hey @Chadwiken and @haraldwithtwoehs,

I sincerely apologize for the issues we experienced yesterday. On October 29th, the primary database server for 1Password.com accounts was upgraded to the latest version of Amazon Aurora and moved to a larger instance which should've improved the 1Password service for us all. Unfortunately, the upgrade and migration created some technical issues that resulted in the 1Password.com service becoming intermittently unavailable.

1Password for Chrome currently requires the 1Password servers to unlock and download items when you view their details or perform a filling operation. We have plans to securely cache 1Password items, similar to how our various other 1Password apps operate today. Local caching of items is a significant undertaking and will take some time before it's ready for a public release.

As you can imagine, it's been a hectic time here for all of us, but it looks like we've made it to the other side. In the future, you can view the status of 1Password on our status page or our dedicated 1Password status Twitter account.

I hope you both have a pleasant week and please let me know if you have any questions.

--
    Andrew Beyer (Ann Arbor, MI)
    Lifeline @ AgileBits

• haraldwithtwoehs
    haraldwithtwoehs
    Community Member

I humbly suggest that an error that says "1Password.com is currently unavailable" would be less panic-inducing than what I was getting; things like empty match lists and then later "incorrect password" errors...

• beyer
    beyer
    1Password Alumni

@haraldwithtwoehs: Agreed and it's on our list, quite possibly higher than it was before. ;)

Cheers!

--
    Andrew Beyer (Ann Arbor, MI)
    Lifeline @ AgileBits

This discussion has been closed.