Bug report, incorrect values copied [Fixed on the forthcoming iOS 11.2]

manolosavi
manolosavi
Community Member
edited November 2017 in iOS

Just noticed two issues. I was trying to copy the number of my credit card and it just wouldn't work. I'd highlight the number, tap copy. Then 3D touch the edge to switch to the other app and paste, and it would paste the security code. Then another bug was when I was coming back again with the 3D touch gesture, 1Password wouldn't be locked. The info is visible and then it "locks". But the animation locks and immediately animates the unlock again. Then the TouchID prompt shows again on top of the unlocked app. I've been able to reproduce this by simply going to an item, 3D touch to another app and back again. Just press hard on the left edge and swipe all the way to the right so you skip the multitasking view and jump straight into the other app.

manolo

1Password Version: 6.10 (61000006)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 11.1 beta 5
Sync Type: 1Password account

Comments

• @manolosavi,

Please try again with Beta 7, this should be fixed now.

Rudy

• manolosavi
    manolosavi
    Community Member

The locking seems to be working fine now, but it still is not copying the right values.

• Hi @manolosavi ,

Does this happen with all credit cards items, or just the one? And does it happen every time?

Thanks,
    Kevin

• manolosavi
    manolosavi
    Community Member

Every card, and it happens every time. It seems like it copies the next field. I think it's only when using the 3D Touch shortcut tho? I'm now on 6.10 (61000008), the latest on my testflight. Here's a video that shows the issue: https://cl.ly/0A391O0k3f2N

• Hi there @manolosavi. Just to further clarify, you took that video with 61000008?

• manolosavi
    manolosavi
    Community Member

yep!

• Nice, thanks for the confirmation @manolosavi . Could you get me a diagnostic report from this iPhone?

Sending Diagnostics Reports (iOS)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: url
    • Your forum username: username
    • A mention of my name

That way we can "connect the dots" when we see your diagnostics in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  Please post that number here so we can track down the diagnostics and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once I see the diagnostics it will give me a better picture of what's going on.

• manolosavi
    manolosavi
    Community Member

Sure thing, here's that number: CNV-51715-867

Unrelated but I noticed when creating the fake card: There's no way on iOS to clear/remove the 'valid from date' section. If you tap it then you must choose a date and it will stay there, you can't not have it anymore. You should add a 'x' button or something :p

• Got the diagnostic report, thank you!

• ollifi
    ollifi
    Community Member

This same issue is present on iPhone X. If you go to an item, copy username, slide your finger from left to right on the home indicator (to go to previous app), and then paste, the password will be pasted instead of the username. However, the issue isn't present if you switch apps by swiping up from the home indicator. Though I have version 7.0 , not the latest beta, are they same currently?

• Thanks for the followup report @ollifi. We have been able to trace this issue to its root cause. It turns out there's a small bug in the current shipping version of iOS 11 that is the culprit here. I'm happy to report that this has already been fixed in iOS 11.2, which is now in beta.

• ollifi
    ollifi
    Community Member

Oh, that's nice to hear! Thanks for the quick reply =)

• You got it!

This discussion has been closed.