1Password Menu Bar Mini does not follow standard Mac menu tracking and selection rules.

Options
NomadUK
NomadUK
Community Member

Under macOS, when I click on a menu and drag to the desired item, the highlight should follow the cursor and highlight the items as I drag across them. When I then release the mouse button, the currently highlighted item should be selected. This has been the case since 1984.

The 1Password Mini menu does not behave this way. When I click on the Mini menu bar icon, the menu drops down. Dragging the cursor across it highlights no items; the item under the cursor is not highlighted or selected until I release the mouse button.

Note that using the Windows-style menu selection (click, release, click again, release, etc), which macOS began supporting some years ago, works as expected.

1Password Version: 6.8.3 (683005)
Extension Version: 4.6.11
OS Version: macOS X 10.11.6
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:1password menu bar mini

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2017
    Options

@NomadUK - thanks for the observation and suggestion! We're actually in the midst of a significant overhaul of much of the way 1Password works, in preparation for the upcoming 1Password 7 (just launched on iOS but not yet on macOS or Windows), and functionality of the 1Password mini is definitely a part of it, so stay tuned for that. I'll be interested in hearing your feedback on the new version when it ships! :)

This discussion has been closed.