To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Bought the 1Password app 4 years ago, do I need to sign up now?

stoo
stoo
Community Member

Hello,

I will be changing phone tomorrow (from Android to Android). 4 years ago I purchased the 1Password app for 10$ if I remember correctly.

If I want to move my account to my new phone, do I absolutely need to sign to the free month membership and then I will be charged monthly? Is that right?

Thank you

1Password Version: 6.6.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android 6.13.631.7, HTC sense 7.0
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2017

@stoo: You have two options:

• Pay for a 1Password.com membership, which gives you access to all of the apps, the web interface, and does away with license management and sync configuration altogether — you simply login to your account to authorize a device and access your data, among other benefits.
    • Use the version you paid for and sync your existing data yourself from Dropbox. You won't have a 1Password account in that case.

I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• stoo
    stoo
    Community Member

Thank you for your answer. However I do not fully understand the process that I need to go through

When I try to install the app on windows (to backup my phone before I change my device), it requires me to enter a sign-in adress and a secret key. When I go in my app, in the settings, there is no secret code to be found. Also, I tried to send the secret code to my email but I received nothing (after 1h waiting).

What should I do? My goal is to backup temporarily on my computer while I switch device. Then, I would like to use 1Password on my new phone without paying the subscription, since I bought the app a few years ago

Thanks for your help!

• stoo
    stoo
    Community Member

I have access to a 1Password.agilekeychain folder in my dropbox account. (Obviously) I know my master password. I am also pretty sure about which of my emails is linked to this account

Is it possible that I do not have a secret code dans Sign-in adress since I bought the app a few years ago?

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@stoo -- it sounds as if you installed 1Password 6 for Windows on your Windows PC, is that correct? If so, that's the problem: version 6 only works with 1password.com accounts. You'll need to uninstall that, then download and install the older 1Password 4 for Windows, in order to sync your local data via Dropbox or WLAN from your current Android phone. Once you've done that, you can switch phones and re-sync your data from 1Password 4 for Windows on your PC to 1Password for Android on the new phone. If you use Dropbox, as brenty suggested, you can skip the step of having to make an actual copy of your data on your PC because you'll be able to just re-sync/import your data directly from Dropbox onto the new phone.

This discussion has been closed.