Attachments fail to open

JRDN
JRDN
Community Member

I am using the latest version of 1Password for Mac (6.8.3, I believe). And, if necessary, I have bought legitimate versions of the app across across all my devices. My problem is, I can't open any attachments. Basically, I have a login (lets called it A) filled out, and I placed an attachment at the bottom. I can open it there no problem. As soon as I switch to login B and then come back to A, I can no longer open the attachment.

I have not deleted/moved the file from it's original location that I dragged into 1Password. I also have not renamed or made any changes to the file. And I have 1Password backed up to Dropbox, which means the picture I dragged would be uploaded too.

Another thing - I have 1Password on my iPhone. I can view the attachment perfectly on my device. But for some reason, I can't do the same on my Mac. I assume this is a bug, and I apologize if this isn't the best place to note it.

1Password Version: 6.8.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.13
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:Attachment

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @JRDN! Sorry to hear you're having trouble with attachments to a items in a local 1Password vault synced via Dropbox. And this is a fine place to post such things, with the exception that if it gets into discussing specifics of your system (which it very well might), private email is likely a better place to put it than a permanent, public forum like this. :)

I'm unable to replicate your issue here on my own setup which looks to be nearly identical to yours: macOS 10.13, 6.8.3 1Password for Mac. And I can view attachments just fine using the same steps you just did. That makes me think it's something unique to your system rather than a bug, but let's see if we can narrow it down a bit. The first thing I'd like you to do is restart your Mac, and see if that helps. I'm not saying it will, but it's always best to start troubleshooting like this with a fresh system state.

• JRDN
    JRDN
    Community Member

Okay let me give restarting a try (seems so basic, I don't know why I didn't think of that earlier). I also have a System Update that needs installing (10.13.1) so I will do both and get back to you.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@JRDN - thanks; keeping my fingers crossed for you. Let us know how it goes!

• JRDN
    JRDN
    Community Member
    edited November 2017

It worked! Not exactly sure what solved my problem.. Restarting my Mac or updating my Mac to 10.13.1. Either way it now opens up attachments fine.

I should also mention that there was an update for 1Password as soon as I rebooted my computer (to 6.8.4, I had 6.8.3).. I did update and everything still worked fine. I'm guessing my problem was easily resolved by just rebooting. Thanks @Lars for the assist!

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@JRDN - you're quite welcome; I'm glad to hear that worked for you! :)

This discussion has been closed.