0.9.6 release notes?

I noticed that the extension just updated to 0.9.6 and requested new permissions, but I don't see release notes yet. What changed?

Thanks!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 0.9.6
OS Version: Linux
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• abraithwaite
    abraithwaite
    Community Member

I'm also curious what went into this release.

I understand needing access to bookmarks and communicating with native apps, but the managing extensions and themes seems a bit broad.

I'm sure there's a good reason, would just like to see the notes! :-)

• Sorry I was slow on getting the release notes published! The Chrome Web Store said it would take an hour so I started eating my dinner and time slipped away from me :)

The full changelog has now been published. As for the new permissions they are for some upcoming changes that we want to make. The "manage" permission in particular is so we can see if other versions of 1Password are installed so we can show an appropriate warning message. As for the other two, they are for some future plans we have. We could have waited until then but having 1Password become disabled is alarming and causes a lot of confusion so we enabled all three additional permissions at once.

I hope you enjoy the new version! Be sure to give the new Save Login a try – you're in for a treat! :)

• abraithwaite
    abraithwaite
    Community Member

Great, good to know! Thanks!

• beyer
    beyer
    1Password Alumni

You're very welcome! Have a great week and let us know if you run across any further issues.

--
    Andrew Beyer (Ann Arbor, MI)
    Lifeline @ AgileBits

• mattmccormick
    mattmccormick
    Community Member
    edited November 2017

I guess the Chrome extension must have updated in the past day and this morning my extension was disabled and it is asking for very broad permissions. Can you explain what these are for? Why would 1Password need to change my bookmarks and manage other apps? These permissions seem unacceptable.

1Password Version: 4.6.12.90
    Extension Version: 0.9.6
    OS Version: Ubuntu 17.04
    Sync Type: Not Provided

• beyer
    beyer
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2017

Hello @mattmccormick,

I hope you don't mind, I've merged your post here so you can see Dave's response to your question.

To help clarify that the managing apps permission is only for Chrome apps, not every application on your computer.

I hope that helps but please let me know if you have additional questions.

--
    Andrew Beyer (Ann Arbor, MI)
    Lifeline @ AgileBits

This discussion has been closed.