1Password6 mac starts on every login on multiple accounts and multiple computers

alcoons
alcoons
Community Member

Whenever I login (do not have to do a restart, just log in) to an OS X user account the 1Password App boots. This started happening at the same time on both my iMac desktop and Macbook Pro after upgrade to present OS . And/or may have been at the time I switched over to a 1Password account from a license.

I have read the tread at
https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/67238/1password6-mac-starts-on-every-restart
and it did not help.

Any insights?

Thanks,

Al

1Password Version: 6.8.3
Extension Version: 4.6.11
OS Version: OS X - 10.12.16
Sync Type: 1Password Account

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Hi, @alcoons - sorry to hear you're having troubles just now with 1Password for Mac starting at login on your Mac.

Please go to System Preferences > Users and Groups, select your user account and then choose Login Items -- is 1Password for Mac in the list of login items? If so, single-click to highlight it, then click the minus button at the bottom of that window.

• alcoons
    alcoons
    Community Member

Thanks but no, 1password is not listed there.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@alcoons - when you shut down or log out of your Mac, are you quitting all of your apps (specifically 1Password) first? Or do you just log out?

• alcoons
    alcoons
    Community Member

Do it both ways, but I just made sure 1Password was not running, logged out, logged back in and it auto-booted.

FYI but probably not helpful, my wife has the same version of 1Password on her Mac Laptop and is a 1Password family member. However she has an older version of OSX and 1Password does not self-boot.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2017

@alcoons: Interesting. Thanks for the additional info! If you're still having trouble, the best thing to do will be to restart your device, reproduce the same issue, and then generate a diagnostic report so we can look at the logs to determine exactly what is happening:

https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/

Please send it to support@agilebits.com Let me know once you've sent it. Once we see it we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

ref: QZS-21567-925

This discussion has been closed.