Bug: Swipe to Switch Apps on the iPhone X copies wrong field [Fixed in upcoming iOS 11.2]

Options
aaronpace
aaronpace
Community Member
edited November 2017 in iOS

iPhone X has a feature to switch between apps by swiping in a lowercase "n" gesture from left to right. When copying a password from 1Password, then swiping to the previous open app, it removes the password that was just copied and copies my 2-factor code. This is obviously not ideal behavior because I had no opportunity to input that password anywhere.

If I swipe back to the home screen and open the app up, I can paste the password. If I use the above gesture, it's buggy. Ideally, if you open an app, realize you need a password, go to home and open 1password, copy your password, it would then make more sense to just swipe back to the app you were just in, instead of going home then opening the app again.

Is this a bug or is this intended behavior?

1Password Version: 7.0
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 11.1
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Thanks for the bug report, @aaronpace. As we were wrapping up developer on 1Password 7 we were finally able to trace the cause of this issue. It turns out there's a small bug in the current shipping version of iOS 11 that causes this problem. Happily this bug has already been fixed in iOS 11.2, which is now in beta.

• aaronpace
    aaronpace
    Community Member
    Options

Good to know. Thanks for the prompt response!

• Ben
    Options

On behalf of MrRooni you’re very welcome. :) If we can be of further assistance, please don’t hesitate to contact us.

Ben

• parekh
    parekh
    Community Member
    Options

Try this:

1. Open Gmail (or any app) and navigate to the username / password entry fields
    2. Swipe up to close Gmail
    3. Open 1Password and locate the Gmail login within 1Password
    4. Tap the username and tap "copy"
    5. Swipe left on the home bar to quickly switch back to Gmail.
    6. Tap the username entry field and tap "paste".
    7. Observe that what gets pasted is actually the password and not the username.

The key step is step #5. If we replace #5 with either 5a or 5b:

5a. Swipe up to close 1Password and then open Gmail.
    5b. Swipe up and hold to open the app switcher, and then navigate to Gmail.

Then everything works as expected. 5a and 5b cause no problems, but when I use step #5, the result is as described above (step 7).

Hope you guys can replicate and fix this error.

1Password Version: Latest
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: iOS 11.1
    Sync Type: Dropbox

• rhicks
    rhicks
    Community Member
    edited November 2017
    Options

I'm having a problem with one time passwords and google. I copy my password but when I go to Google and paste what should be the password it's actually the one time password number. My passwords are insanely long so this makes it very frustrating not having a reliable copy/paste option.

Is there a workaround or is the answer to wait until 11.2 which could be another month or longer? 11.2 beta isn't available for the X.

• XIII
    XIII
    Community Member
    Options

11.2 beta 2 (just released) is available for the X.

Congratulations to all that got their X today!

• sriggins
    sriggins
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the update! This is also copying the password when I copy a username, so hopefully 11.2 comes sooner than later.

• Ben
    Options

:)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.