Mini focus & disappearing after first unlock

Options
numpty
numpty
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

Since the update to 6.8.473, when I unlock mini for the first time after 1password has been started, i'm seeing this behaviour..
After entering the master password, the unlock animation will start to play, and then mini will close - this happens regardless of method used to open mini.
Opening mini again, after the above has happened, and the focus is not in the searchbox.

1Password Version: 6.8.473
Extension Version: 4.6.12.90
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• @numpty: I'm not able to reproduce this myself. Can your reproduce this on demand by manually locking 1Password and unlocking again via mini or is this something that only pops up, say, after a reboot? Any particular things that seems to trigger it or is it 100% universal every time 1Password is locked? Thanks in advance for the extra detail! I want to make sure I'm following the right steps to reproduce this on my end. :chuffed:

• numpty
    numpty
    Community Member
    Options

@bundtkate
    Yes, I can reproduce this. I have to close & restart 1Password - manually locking does not reproduce this behaviour.
    1. Exit 1Password from the system tray
    2. Start 1Password
    3. Close the application window
    3. ctrl+alt+\ to bring up Mini, enter password, animation plays & Mini closes
    4. ctrl+alt+\ again, mini opens, focus is not on the search bar.
    5. ctrl+alt+\ again, mini opens, everything is normal.

• bundtkate
    edited November 2017
    Options

@numpty: Gotcha. That worked for me as well.

Edit: Thought I had a slightly different experience here, but tracked it down to my having messed with 1Password 4 prior to this test. Just to double-check, though, are you able to type in search and dismiss mini with esc after step 5?

Thanks for letting us know about this and for helping out in investigating. :chuffed:

• numpty
    numpty
    Community Member
    Options

Cool, good to know it's not just me :)
    I'll double check when I'm back home, but I'm pretty sure i can search from point 5 onwards normally, and have always been able to dismiss mini with esc.

• bundtkate
    edited November 2017
    Options

@numpty: No worries. I'm 99% sure it's because I also have to use 1Password 4 myself and it just doesn't play nice with 1Password 6 so no rush at all. I'm probably being overly thorough anyhow. :+1:

ref: OPW6-1582

• numpty
    numpty
    Community Member
    Options

@bundtkate, yep confirmed, I can search & dismiss mini with esc from 4 onwards. I can also search @ 4, if I select the search bar.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for letting us know. We'll see what we can do about this. :)

This discussion has been closed.