Chomre takes focus with 1Password extension enabled

I have been dealing with this issue on one of my PCs for a while now, and it has finally bugged me enough to seek help.
On my Windows 10 laptop, when I enable the Chrome 1Password Extension, Chrome continues to maintain window focus. If I click any other window, use Alt+Tab, etc... Chrome immediately resumes focus.
I have tried reinstalling Chrome, reinstalling 1Password and the extension, to no avail.
Looking to find out what I should try next, and how to proceed.

I have no issues with the 1Password application otherwise, just when the 1Password extension is enabled in Chrome.
Thanks,
Corey

1Password Version: 4.6.2.626
Extension Version: 4.6.12.90
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: DropBox

Comments

• Hi @moosetech_net,

Thanks for reporting this.

We believe this is a symptom of a failed browser authorization that didn't get reset when switching to the new Native Messaging protocol in 1Password 4.

Please do this and it should help:

1. Close your web browsers and 1Password
    2. Open Windows File Explorer and enter the following in the address bar: %LOCALAPPDATA%\AgileBits
    3. Move the OPX4.auth file to your desktop
    4. Restart 1Password, unlock and then open your browser, see if it works better now.
  • moosetech_net
    moosetech_net
    Community Member

Thanks You @MikeT , this corrected this problem!
    I appreciate your quick response to this!

• You're welcome!

• Tbrainz
    Tbrainz
    Community Member

+1 Thanks !

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

On behalf of Mike you are very welcome @Tbrainz! :+1: Please feel free to contact us anytime in the future, we are always ready to help.

Enjoy 1Password and have a great Sunday!

This discussion has been closed.