0.9.7. Confusing the addon?

wimvmourik
wimvmourik
Community Member

Hi there,

I stumbled upon a way to 'block' the addon from being useful. Hopefully you can find the reason and fix that.
Mind you, perhaps this is related to having a family account (which I do), I don't know.

Issue:
The addon will show only a big white panel and no buttons/text whatsoever. Cannot get it back to life, unless restarting the browser.

Steps to reproduce:
Open chromium
Click the addon; fill in your master password
Go into your family account page, by doing:
Click the -> arrow on any login item which shows in the addon (on the right column)
Click Edit next (currently the right column) and presto, you are logged into your family account.
I found this to be a very fast way to do this, so I find I do this often.
Once inside your family account:
Click your profile picture and select 'Sign out'
The url you are on now is:
https://my.1password.com/signin?landingPage=/vaults/ykbhl5go2lzmraxzzjlvz4ia5a/allitems/5q6vq5uz45kejqwicecxijxffe?auto
At this moment in time, the addon still works and the master password field shows a small icon of 1password.

Don't ask me why, but I thought that if I needed to login again, I would have to return to the normal login page for my family account.
So I thought; lets shorten the url and press enter:
https://my.1password.com/signin

Nope, that didn't show the page with the three fields: email, key and password, but still the same page with just the master password field.
Ha ofcourse, I can use the addon because it shows this tiny button in the field.
However, when you click that now, it either shows: Press Ctrl-P to open the addon, or just doesn't work.
And when you click the addon, it is now showing a white panel without any elements.

Going back in browser history to the longer url doesn't help either. Something got lost.

Hope you can figure out why.

Kind regards

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• beyer
    beyer
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2017

Hey @wimvmourik,

Thanks for writing in with such a detailed explanation of the issue you are experiencing. We've recently made some changes to how 1Password for Chrome works in conjunction with your our web-based client on 1Password.com. We are tracking this issue and should have it resolved soon. In the meantime, instead of clicking the "Sign Out" link you can close the tab of the item you were editing. You'll notice your account on 1Password.com can't be accessed without the Master Password after the browser tab or window is closed.

Thanks for your help and patience. :)

--
    Andrew Beyer (Ann Arbor, MI)
    Lifeline @ AgileBits

ref: b5x-114

This discussion has been closed.