ipassword 7 installed on ipad - am i on subscription?

Options
Seeker
Seeker
Community Member

i had ipassword 6.91 (pro) for ipad installed, i was offered ipassword 7 in my updates list.

Since I was concerned about being thrust into a subscription before i was ready to decide (i have all standalone versions), i went to the app store directly. i was shown ipassword 7, with 3.99 and 35.99 options. i clicked to look at more info, and suddenly it opened 1password, and it was upgrading it to 7. i had no choice in the matter.

So, am I on a subscription now? Did I get charged either 3.99 or 35.99 ?
I'm disappointed things happened "so fast" that I didn't even get to evaluate.

My choice right now is to go back to 6.91 at the moment, but I don't know how to do that.
Nor do I know if I face a charge, and a subscription.

I will likely move to a subscription once all platforms have 7 out, but NOT YET!
Help appreciated.
Dan T. Davis

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• @Seeker: 1Password 7 is a free upgrade for folks who previously purchased the Pro Features and you cannot move to a 1Password membership without jumping through some hoops (signing up for an account, confirming your e-mail, migrating your data, signing up for a subscription, etc.) so I'm fairly confident you should be just fine. If you'd like to double-check to be sure, unlock 1Password and tap Settings > Accounts. If you don't see an account listed under Your Accounts, 1Password is set up same as it always was.

That said, it sounds like you may have at least looked at some subscription options and, without knowing exactly what you clicked, it may be best to take a gander at your subscriptions through Apple to be extra sure. :+1:

• Seeker
    Seeker
    Community Member
    Options

Great answer. Thanks. I will look, but hoped for your assumptions.

• Seeker
    Seeker
    Community Member
    edited November 2017
    Options

Another question. I do plan to move to a subscription at some point, but if I stayed at 6.x on the Mac, would the 7.x versions on iOS continue to work (given I did buy iOS pro) after Mac ipassword 7 comes out, without subscribing?

• @Seeker: I can really only speak to the present. We do our best to keep older 1Password apps compatible with each other (for example, I'm pretty sure 1Password 4 for Mac can still sync with 1Password 6 for Mac via iCloud), but as the update cycle continues, we may choose to make improvements to the latest apps that affect syncing with older apps. Additionally, third parties are a factor here -- older versions of 1Password for iOS can no longer sync via Dropbox due to Dropbox's retirement of their old API. In short, there are a lot of moving parts and I can't predict the future. We try, but we aren't going to hold back 1Password 7 just because it will break compatibility with older versions.

Standalone vaults will be available across platforms with 1Password 7, so I can say with certainty you can continue to sync between Mac and iOS (and Android and Windows) without a subscription if you so choose. Still, the best way to ensure you always have the latest and greatest is with a 1Password membership. If you choose a 1Password membership, you'll not have to worry about whether you can install 1Password 7 or 1Passowrd X or you have to pay for an upgrade. They're all included. There's just no reason to stick with an older version unless your system won't support the latest. :+1:

• Seeker
    Seeker
    Community Member
    Options

Again, thanks. I understand, which is why I’m planning to move to a subscription at some point. I was mostly concerned with how I accidentally moved to 7.0 iOS, and if I should be staying at 6.91 instead... if 7.0 Mac came out before I was ready to switchover, and the 7.0x iOS suddenly shouted, subscribe or lose the iPad!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Totally. That's not happening. 1Password for iOS version 7 is a free upgrade. 1Password for Mac will be a paid upgrade, and that will be clear when you're offered the option to install it. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.