Trying to install 1Password on my macbook pro (OS 10.10.5) and the installer gets stuck verifying

silstraz
silstraz
Community Member

I just signed up, installed it on iPad, iPhone (using web site on mac), and tried to install the Mac app. I have OS 10.10.5 (MacBook pro). The installer is stuck verifying the "1Password-6.8.4.pkg". I have canceled, re-downloaded the installer, and it still does not work. Any suggestions? I really want to have the app on my desktop. Thanks

1Password Version: 6.8.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X Yosemite 10.10.5
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:1Password installer is getting stuck on my mac and won't install

Comments

• silstraz
    silstraz
    Community Member

Problem solved. Looks like I had to install directly from the app store on the mac. Installed without problems. It did not work with the .dmg file downloaded from Safari.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @silstraz,

Thanks for letting us know that you're all set up! I'm sorry that you had a bit of trouble with the .dmg from our website.

I hope 1Password behaves perfectly for you from now on, but if you have any other questions or concerns, don't hesitate to reach out!

• felice2
    felice2
    Community Member

I am having similar problems installing on my Mac Pro. It skips steps in the install process. I backed it up to select individual account after which it loaded but will not go on to the scanning step. So I have the account only accessible through Safari but not through an app. What do I download from the apps store?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@felice2: If you have a 1Password.com membership, you just need to go the the Get the Apps page in your account on 1Password.com to download the latest version:

https://start.1password.com/apps

And your Setup Code is there as well, which makes it easier to setup the app with your account.

I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• jeshenberg
    jeshenberg
    Community Member

I have a MacBook Pro from 2009 and it will not update the OS past 10.10.5. I have just signed up with 1Password and the program requires a minimum of 10.12.6 or later. What now?

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2019

@jeshenberg - for the moment (and I don't know for how much longer), you can visit our downloads page and scroll down to the "using an older computer" section, and download a copy of 1Password 6 for Mac. Version 6.8.9 works on OS X as far back as 10.10, and is also compatible with 1password.com membership/accounts. It's important for me to note here that this is the very trailing edge of what's possible, which means that the specific setup you mention (a 1password.com account in OS X 10.10 ("Yosemite") using 1Password 6 for Mac) will be the next one to become incompatible as new versions of macOS, the 1password.com servers and 1Password for Mac itself develop. So, long term, the only real solution will be to upgrade your hardware, which will in turn come with newer versions of macOS and of course your 1password.com membership will allow you to simply download the newest version of 1Password for Mac without additional cost onto any new Mac you purchase. Hope that helps! :)

This discussion has been closed.