Feature Request: Quick Copy Password [Already implemented]

Options
jsat
jsat
Community Member
edited November 2017 in iOS

I love the new quick/smart copying features for Favorites in v7, but I would love an additional quick copy feature for all other items.

There are a number of times where I need to open 1Password to ONLY copy a password (because the app I'm filling already has my email, or I've punched it in manually). I am picturing a swipe left on a login item that would instantly copy the password. This would skip tapping the item, tapping the password field, then tapping 'copy'.

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 11.1
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Options

@jsat,

This already exists, except you swipe to the right instead of left. :)

Ben

• jsat
    jsat
    Community Member
    Options

WHAT?? Amazing. Is that new with 7?

• Ben
    Options

@jsat Haha, glad to hear you like it. :) No, it has actually been around for a little bit... I don’t recall off hand exactly when we introduced it. Sometimes we’re not always the best about showcasing awesome new features.

Ben

• jsat
    jsat
    Community Member
    Options

Awesome, thank you!

• Ben
    Options

You’re very welcome. If we can be of further assistance, please don’t hesitate to contact us.

Ben

• Manaburner
    Manaburner
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Ben am I wrong or is this swipe-to-the-right gestures to copy a password missing for items in the favorite view? It seems to only work when you are in other views.

• Ben
    Options

Favorites has its own mechanism. If you tap on a favorite you can then tap on any field to copy it.

Ben

• Manaburner
    Manaburner
    Community Member
    Options

@Ben
    yes I've seen that. In the previous version you could just swipe from left to right and get a "Copy password" button. This option is gone in the favorites view and only works in the login items view for example.
    IMHO swiping is faster than tapping, that's why I'm asking if this feature is gone or just left out for now

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2017
    Options

@Manaburner: Thanks for letting us know. I personally don't have a preference, but I've heard from others who like tapping. Not sure there's a clear winner here, but we'll continue to look at ways to refine it. :)

ref: OPI-4283

• Manaburner
    Manaburner
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty thank you. Sounds good

• Ben
    Options

:+1: :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.