on firefox 1password button is installed but not active

nferiotti
nferiotti
Community Member

on firefox 1password button is installed but not active.
when I start firefox, the 1password symbol blinks from black to gray and then remains gray. I do not have active firewalls. I tried to reinstall the latest version but it does not work.
On Safari, the button has no problems and works.
Thanks
Nicola

1Password Version: 5.3
Extension Version: 4.6.12.90
OS Version: OS X 10.12.6
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @nferiotti! I notice you listed your version of 1Password for Mac as 5.3. If that wasn't a typo, that'll be the reason you're having difficulties with Firefox. We've recently switched to using Native Messaging in 1Password, in part because Firefox is now requiring it. Because earlier versions of 1Password use web sockets instead, you'll need to upgrade to the latest 1Password for Mac in order to get this working again.

Given how old your version of 1Password for Mac is, I'd uninstall it, then install a fresh copy of the latest version right from our downloads page. Don't use any app cleaners or uninstallers to do this, as these programs can remove more data than we want them to. Just drag the 1Password app to the Trash, then empty your Mac's trash and use the package installer in the new download. Let us know how that works for you!

• nferiotti
    nferiotti
    Community Member

Resolved
    Thank you

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@nferiotti -- glad to hear it! :+1: :)

This discussion has been closed.