Can't sync with Dropbox after latest iOS version update

Options
Trevor_R
Trevor_R
Community Member

If I make a change in 1Password on my Mac, the data file updates in Dropbox (evidenced by a time stamp change on the file).
If I then try and sync either my iPad or iPhone it says it has synced but the changes made on my Mac do not appear.
If I make a change in 1Password on either my iPad or iPhone and then force a sync, I do not get any error message, but the file in Dropbox doesn't change and the changes do not appear on my Mac.
I have tried turning off Dropbox sync on my iPad and then reactivating it, but the lack of sync persists.
I have the latest updates on all devices.
Any suggestions?

1Password Version: 1Password 6 Version 6.8.4; iOS 1Password v7.0
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 11.1; MacOS 10.13
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• @Trevor_R: I'm not able to reproduce this on my iPad and Mac -- both seem to be syncing properly via Dropbox no matter where I make changes. Are you certain that both iOS devices are syncing with the proper vault? You can check the file path of your vault on Mac by choosing 1Password > Preferences and looking in the Sync tab under your Primary vault. On iOS, tap Settings > Vaults > Primary > Sync Service. You'll see a file path under your current sync method. These should match. For example, mine is /apps/1Password/1Password Test.opvault.

• Trevor_R
    Trevor_R
    Community Member
    Options

I only have one vault.
    File path on all devices is the same: Dropbox/1Password/1Password.agilekeychain
    What I have discovered, however, is that when I make a change on one iOS device, it syncs correctly with the other iOS device, but not with 1Password on my Mac

• Ben
    Options

Hi @Trevor_R

Can you please make sure the Dropbox application on your Mac is running, and syncing other files correctly? Please check out this guide:

If you're having trouble syncing with Dropbox

It contains all of the troubleshooting steps we’ve gathered for troubleshooting issues with Dropbox over the years. Please run through the entire guide, if necessary.

Thanks.

Ben

• Trevor_R
    Trevor_R
    Community Member
    Options

Ben
    Thanks - problem solved! I needed to quit and relaunch Dropbox on my Mac...
    Not a 1Password issue at all. :)

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Trevor_R,

I'm so glad to hear that you're all synced up now, and that it was an easy fix! Thanks so much for letting us know.

I hope that 1Password behaves perfectly for you from now on, but if you hit any other snags, we're always here to help.

This discussion has been closed.