I have an iMac in which I recently installed a new SSD drive with a new OS High Sierra.

Options
kapplr
kapplr
Community Member

I downloaded and installed 1 Password 6 and subscribed to your service. Before the new HD I had 1 Password installed with over 234 logins. Now I only have three. Where can I find the vault for my old logins? I believe it was backed up to your server at one time. I will have to do this also for a new Mac Book Pro that I recently purchased.

1Password Version: 6
Extension Version: 8
OS Version: 10.13.1
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:I have an iMac which I recently installed a new SSD drive with a new OS High Sierra.

Comments

• Thelauffer
    Thelauffer
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @kapplr

Welcome to the forums! Have you always subscribed with 1Password or did you sync your passwords before using iCloud or Dropbox? If you used iCloud or Dropbox before, you might find the vault with your passwords in there. See this article to learn how to sync your vault with iCloud, and this one to see how to sync with Dropbox.

Once this is done, you can then move the contents of your vault to your 1Password account.

I hope this helps!

• @kapplr: To add to @Thelauffer's excellent suggestion, you may need to also enable standalone vaults since 1Password is current set up to use your 1Password account. To do so, choose 1Password menu > Preferences, click the Advanced icon and check the box next to Allow creation of vaults outside 1Password accounts. This will create a Primary vault for you that you can then sync with Dropbox or iCloud to check for existing vaults. :+1:

• kapplr
    kapplr
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you all for the great help. Tomorrow I will get right on it. Take care.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Sounds good. You too! We're here if you need us. :)

• kapplr
    kapplr
    Community Member
    Options

Created a vault outside 1Password. Worked perfectly and was synced with my iCloud. Also located my backup files in my Library/Application Support/1Password.

Thanks for the quick assistance and advice.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2017
    Options

@kapplr - on behalf of brenty and bundtkate, you're quite welcome! Let us know if you need any further assistance. :)

This discussion has been closed.