I would like to have an easy way to link 3rd party account selection to a website

Options
Ilya Voloshin
Ilya Voloshin
Community Member

Here's what I mean: There are more and more sites that give me choices of logging in with a Google account or a Facebook account, etc. When I come back to the site, I don't remember if I have a regular account, or I used google, or facebook, or whatever. I'd like an easy way to add a reminder that when I click on 1Password helper, it shows me, oh yea, use Google account here.

Currently I just have to create a login with the website address and in the username say "Use Google". I'd like the creation to be easier, using the 1pass browser helper, please.

Ilya

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Ilya Voloshin - this one I don't think we'll do, because of the nature of what 1Password's designed for. We actually recommend people NOT use a single login like Facebook or Google in most places because it puts too many eggs in one basket, if you will. Nearly every site will allow users to create an old-style account, using a site-specific username and password, in addition to offering the "convenient" Google or Facebook options, and the former is what we recommend users do whenever possible - create a specific username/password for each site. That way, if one site is breached, only that one username/password combination is vulnerable and needs changing. Our Watchtower service lets you keep very accurate track of these, and the ease with which 1Password allows you to change your passwords and make them stronger means you won't need to rely on the "convenience" of signing in with Facebook or Google everywhere.

Of course, if the internet begins tending towards ONLY allowing SSO sign-ins from large providers like Google or Facebook, we might reconsider a feature request such as yours, but for now, I don't think this is something we'd do -- however, thank you very much for the request, and if you have any others in the future, please feel free to drop by and ask! :)

This discussion has been closed.