Not able to sync 1Password account with dropbox on iphone 6 ios 8.4.1

sakshamar
sakshamar
Community Member

Hello team,

Lately, I'm facing a problem with 1Password. I have 1Password account on my laptop as well as my phone but the two are not synced. It's working normally with my mac but with my phone, there are errors that it shows. I'm attaching few screenshots for your reference. Kindly look into the problem. Feel free to ask for any other information which you may require.

1Password Version: 5.5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: ios8.4.1
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Hi @sakshamar

Could you please confirm those version numbers are accurate? Both iOS 8 and 1Password 5 would be quite old at this point. iOS 11 and 1Password 7 are the latest versions.

Thanks.

Ben

• sakshamar
    sakshamar
    Community Member

Hello Ben :)

Yes, I'm sure about both the versions. It might sound a little odd to you but I don't upgrade my ios version due to speed issues. I think 1Password 5 must be the last version compatible with ios 8. Because according to the app store, I have the latest version of 1Password as there is no update available in the app store. I'm attaching screenshots for your reference once again.

I hope that the old versions are not the issues :/

Thanks for your reply

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2017

Thanks for confirming the version number, @sakshamar.

1Password 5.5 for iOS is no longer be able to sync with Dropbox because a few months ago they dropped support for the older API used by that version.

I think 1Password 5 must be the last version compatible with ios 8.

That's correct, and 1Password 6.7 or later is now required for syncing with Dropbox, as noted on our system requirements page. If you're going to stick with iOS 8 and 1Password 5.5, you may be able to sync with iCloud (for now) instead.

It might sound a little odd to you but I don't upgrade my ios version due to speed issues.

That doesn't sound odd, although Apple has long stopped updating iOS 8 so you're missing out on important security fixes you'd get by upgrading to iOS 11 (which would of course also make it possible to upgrade to 1Password 7).

I'm sure that's not the answer you'd hoped for in your situation. Sorry there are no other alternatives we have to offer you.

• sakshamar
    sakshamar
    Community Member

Thanks a lot. I'll try using iCloud to maintain the sync between the two devices. I hope it will work.
    :)

• Very good. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.